Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots to do...

Hi All,

I'm a new '93 LN130 Auto owner as of early January having been stranded at home during the heavy snow. This gave me a perfect excuse to finally own a Hilux. I have however, got lots of work to do until I'll completely happy with it and I've found quite a few answers already within this forum (I'm still searching). Most are mainly cosmetic, which I can only presume is why it's been neglected by its previous owners. I've already spent as much as I bought it on engine repairs but as I get (emotionally) attached to vehicles, I'm not scrapping nor neglecting this one.

The list for 'Buck';

Replace front headlight bulbs
    Replace rear chrome bumpers
    Replace rear light clusters
    Replace front bumper indicator covers to clear ones (and the bulbs)
    Fix electric rear window
    Fix electric aerial
    Install new stereo headunit
    Upgrade all speakers
    Change wheels and tyres (all in very good condition currently, I just want to change them)
    Add wheel arch extenders
    Replace mud flaps
    Replace rear wiper
    Fix rear window heater
    Stop the loud knock when in full turning lock

A few things I'd like to do once most of the above is done;

Black respray (It's that strange dark metallic green/blue colour at the moment but with black tinted windows)
    Soundproofing
    Add Bull/A-bar and spotlights
    Did I read somewhere that someone does V8 conversions??

I'd look to do a few of the long list every month, it's just finding the time to do them in the weekends when there's daylight. As I said above, I'm still working through the forum and I've already started ordering from Roughtrax but I'll be keeping a work log as I go. I've hardly done any hands on work with cars and 4x4s so there's a steep learning curve here - first lesson I've learned is not to remove screws when working on a gravel drive...the new rear windscreen wiper will have to wait a little longer now...

Andy
Working...
X