Poor Toyota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Toyota

It seems the new breeds of Toyotas are destined to loose their famous Toyota reliabilty stamp. Such a shame this has happened to such a great car manufacturer. Even more of a shame to those who have been affected.
    I hope they sort it out soon and get things back on track.
    I saw on the news last night that Toyota admit that they have "grown to quickly" in recent years and that their priorties have become "confused"
    They used to be:
    1: Safety
    2: Quality
    3: Value (?)

Im assuming number 1 was put last?
    Toyota also cant dismiss the fact they they are still not 100% sure they have fixed all the problems or what has caused them.
    I for one will still always sing their praises as a valued car manufacturer. Many top manufacturers have had set backs etc and i think this is Toyotas first major set back, so i wont loose faith just yet.
    Windows 7 was my idea!

Think I agree with most of what you say, but there's a large part of what's going on that's just a media crucifixion, combined with an American industry and public that's loving the chance to bash the main competition.

There have been very few people, relatively, injured or killed. That's not to belittle a single death, but the problems aren't as serious as the level of coverage they are receiving would have you believe.

On top of that, I've not actually heard of a single person giving a believable, detailed account of the problem. The woman who was talking at the congressional hearing (why is the first person speaking a 'victim,' if not for sensationalism? Why is there even a congressional hearing?) didn't inspire confidence when she said that the car was trying to turn the engine back on when she turned it off.

My friend got on his motorbike for the first time in 4 months recently, and the accelerator cable was dirty. It stuck open. He thought "oh crap," pulled it hard, and stopped the bike. Then he cleaned it, told himself he was an idiot for letting it happen, and went on his way. By recent standards, since it's a Honda (Japanese, after all) maybe he should have just sat back, called 999 and then hit the media with stories about how his bike had developed self awareness?
    Andy
    http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Is it not an attempt to discredit a main competitor to the US car industry?

I'll never forget the for 45 mins of fight club, when the narrative is covering how dangerous vehicles v recall cost v payouts is worked out, and then mentaly set this latest set of events against that very cynical backdrop and I can't help but draw quite a few parallels.

Discuss ?

peace
      cal
      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

it was a bit of "media hype" that blew the thing out of proportions me thinks.

last year citroen recalled one type of their vans because there was a fault with the brakes that might have caused them to fail. Was that in the papers??

I had people asking me if my 14year old surf's accelerator had started sticking on?? apparently cars can catch faults off each other like pigs can catch flu.....

Comment

LOL at all your posts guys. Very true and interesting.
          I personally was lost with the whole "stuck accelerator" thing. Surely one would just dip the clutch????? Not let it build up speed to over 100mph and ring the police for help?
          Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Don't forget our surfs were recalled for the steering rod failures... seems these things happen all the time.

Comment

Never mind Toyota it's Sheral and Ashley i'm worried about, i hope they can kiss and make up!! after all he only $hagged half a doz women!! it's not like he missed a goal or owt
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

just creating fear over nothing. they recalled the vehicles and they are fixing the problem. Not many other companies would do that on this scale.

yanks will bash anything foreign.
                My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

They forget the Ford explorer ! how convenient ?
                  Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                    They forget the Ford explorer ! how convenient ?
                    indeed. but as always, they want to keep their people brainwashed with American superiority and 'foreign' or 'communist' failures.
                    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Working...
                    X