Port Stanley .... maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Stanley .... maybe?

Wondered when all this would start up again................Port Stanley here we come again.........maybe?......
    http://www.vancouversun.com/technolo...593/story.html
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Thank god I'm too old ! I couldn't do all that again !
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Being an ex-sapper, i dont mind being called up to fight. only 28 and I would quite happily go forth. But I seriously doubt the Argies will go to war again over it.
      My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Ugh, depressing thing was it was ticking over quite quietly till we decided to go taking the #### (I mean, oil) from underneath them!
        Andy
        http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by che2318 View Post
          Being an ex-sapper, i dont mind being called up to fight. only 28 and I would quite happily go forth. But I seriously doubt the Argies will go to war again over it.
          I went back in 2002 the flights from Brize to Ascension and onward to stanley was enough for me ! Cold colder than a cold thing ! It is so different now but still so damn cold....

Comment

they are still clearing up mines that the argies dumped all over the place.
            My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

With these new sniper rifles, couldn't we just shoot at them from Plymouth?
              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Its time we gave the Malvinas/Falklands back

Bogus
                Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post

Bogus
                  To who? The French, Spanish or the Argies?
                  Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Bogus
                    Yeah, good idea. We'll just forget our countrymen (including the father of one of my best mates) who died to keep them British back in 1982 and we'll throw the wishes of the Falkland Islanders out the window, revoke their passports and say no more about it.
                    The place costs us an absolute fortune, you can be sure that if the local population wished to be ruled by Buenos Aires, we'd be shot of them in a New York Minute.

I was there as part of the F.I. Roulemont Infantry Company in 2007, its a barren, desolate but beautiful place.
                    Last edited by Surfer Ross; 23 February 2010, 18:58.
                    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Bogus
                      Yer right...let's give the uk to the indians while we are there...

...Oh we have already
                      Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Bogus
                        I couldn't desert Apache like that, even if he dosn't have a Surf anymore....
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

My toe ends are still at Carlos Bay so find them first before you give the islands back !

Comment

If there is oil thats commercially viable to extract they will not back down.

Could the UK really do a Falklands II given the state of the armed forces and other commitments...

I think its saber rattling, if oil can be extracted access to the Argentine mainland would be a must. I think a shared deal would be the most likely outcome.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
                              If there is oil thats commercially viable to extract they will not back down.

Could the UK really do a Falklands II given the state of the armed forces and other commitments...

I think its saber rattling, if oil can be extracted access to the Argentine mainland would be a must. I think a shared deal would be the most likely outcome.
                              Nearl all of the extraction and infrastructure is to go through Argentina. They're sabre rattling and they know fine well that we would kick them into next week in a re-run of 1982. Hard won operational experience in recent years means that the Armed Forces are more than capable of quickly and decisively repelling an Argentine invasion. We have less than 10% deployed at present. It would be a logistical stretch to conduct operations at such range again but I do not think for a minute that we would be on our own this time.
                              En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Working...
                              X