Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freesat the old astra

Anyone using this?
    Thinking of getting a quad LNB for out old Sky dish (don't us it as our old box don't get C4 or C5 service as too old) and buy a 320gb freesat PVR with HD from maplin b-stock as only £99!

Despite our massive aerial we don't get a perfect digi signal here and thought the free sat with twin PVR might be a better option, so anyone got one, what do you think of it?

Rgds,
    Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

If it's the Humax 320 HD then grab it at £99, normaly they are normaly £279-ish and they have a better picture than a SKY HD box, commented on by about 5 of the people I know who bought them to replace their SKY units.

Currently there are 4 free HD stations and now the iPlayer HD is avalible if you hunt round for the key code.

Yes I work at Maplin lol

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

I run a humax FOXSAT-HDR since we gave up sky last year .......There are not as many channels But the picture quality is far better

Using a quad lmb on a sky dish Set it up with a Konig sat finder that i got from amazon

Easy if i can do it , also run in all four feeds so that we can use more than one box
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I've got a Foxsat HDR (Humax). I don't use it much as I get a perfectly good freeview signal through the telly and I can't see any better picture on the one HD channel you actually get from Freesat.

I use it mostly for recording stuff, which I don't do all that often, and so that I have the HD there for when (if??) HD ever actually happens. Anyway, that's all about personal tastes I suppose. Freesat works absolutely fine and I'd recommend it if your terrestrial is rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
          I've got a Foxsat HDR (Humax). I don't use it much as I get a perfectly good freeview signal through the telly and I can't see any better picture on the one HD channel you actually get from Freesat.
          Try rescanning for channels there are now 5 if you include iPlayer as for freeview the HD doesn't start till end of march.

peace
          cal
          Last edited by Calos; 22 February 2010, 19:58.
          Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
            as for freeview the HD doesn't start till end of march.
            Great. I can't wait to get a picture that's exactly the same as I've got now but with the letters H and D in the corner.

Comment

I got freesat and it's great....
              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Working...
              X