2010 Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Insurance

Is it me or is every insuarnce co. trying it on this year?

I have a full uk lic. with 10 years no claims etc. no points, no convictions blahl blah lah

RAC insured us (wife and I) for £203.99 last year fully comp.

This year, best price is £350!

feel like I want to insure it and then go out and write it off three times to get some money from them back.

Every year I pay and never make a claim.

I HATE INSURANCE!

Grrrrrrr

It's not just you. I had to renew the insurance on the Mondeo in January, now I admit as it's my second insurance policy I only have two years NCD (the surfs got 11yrs). But some of the quotes were more painful than being bashed over the head with a steel pipe.

They are all asking for more this year, legalised theft is what I've always refered to insurance as, and probably always will.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

It was reported that car insurance has risen by 20% roughly as more drivers are chancing their arm driving without insurance due to the recession.

The remaining legal lot of drivers are having to cough up extra to the fund for incidents for uninsured drivers...

Well thats the insurance companies story anyhow... I'm sure they would not exaggerate
      Last edited by Vultch; 20 February 2010, 18:08.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

These companies will try any legitimate excuse to not pay out on any claim so I can't see why they pay into any fund for uninsured drivers, its just another con on the masses. I've come to the conclusion that those blessed with a lot of money, companies, MP's and the rich wish to price the rest of us off the roads, out of the pubs, (which they've almost achieved) and anywhere else that they judge we're not worthy of attendance, that includes yer offroading, unless you hand over yor hard earned to one of their membership, the country's corrupt, rotten to the core.

REVOLUTION. H,

Comment

Flux wanted 290 from me, got it for 220 with their promise to beat anyone else. I have 9yr no claims, one sp30.
          Brian

Comment

My insurance for the 2.4 surf is 120 a month.

Was in the army so drove their vehicles on their insurance so didnt need my own while i was there. Then left and got my own insurance.

Had two years NCB but crashed on the motorway in snow last february and had to fork out over 2k from my insurance for the repair of the crash barrier.

Also have a drink driving thing on my license, although i was very slightly over the limit as the blood test proved, i was banned for a year so that affects it.

so im hoping for some claim free years to reduce the cost as much as i can.

if i get a years no claim bonus from one company, can i transfer it to another company?
            My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
              These companies will try any legitimate excuse to not pay out on any claim so I can't see why they pay into any fund for uninsured drivers, its just another con on the masses.
              I think it's a victims of uninsured drivers fund they pay into, as about 9 years ago i got hit up the back by an guy ####ed up in a borrowed car with no insurance who did a runner, but I got the no. plate and the police tracked him down the same night and locked him up. They gave me the info to claim from victims of uninsured drivers fund, but I never bothered with the paperwork as i was a painter in a body shop.

Comment

adrian flux wanted £600 for a truck with mods, which came down to about £500, A-plan couldn't even beat Direct Line for a standard surf let alone one with lots of mods. Went with Noel Dazely in the end for £400 but you don't build up a no claims bonus

Comment

happy ish

tried all and sundrie for mine £550 to £3000 nearly gave up then got a call from a-plan and bit thier hand off £400 on installments too £38pm but i too earn no claims over next 12 month with "highway" happy for 12 months no more boll**ks to hear off the rip off *************************s

Comment

Mine was £147 last year, (Flux) down £40 from the year before.
                    It's due again next month, be interesting to see how much.

Tesco wanted £375 three years ago when it was a 2.4 diesel!

Comment

We paid £203 for two of us fully comp last year.

Both no claims etc....... Now they want nearly £400¬!

NOW _ INTERESTING ISSUE:- ..........................

As of Jan 2010 insurance co's have changed the way they work, and I nearly dide when I found this out.

*****EVERYONE PLEASE TAKE NOTE******
                      It seems that every insurance co. now has a right to only forward their own maximum amount of no claims discount when you move.

OK I hear you say - BUT

This year, RAC in my case will only transfer 5 Years NCB.

So if I go to another insurance co - they will (unless in a good mood) only give me 5 years NCB.

EVEN THOUGH YOU MIGHT HAVE 10 years or even 40 in some cases!

I said I think if this is the case that the national newspapers should know about this and give them hell!

My 10 years NCB will now thanks to the RAC become 5 where ever I go.

I am ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffff in fuming!

Check your own policies and start giving firms stick if they are joining on the band wagon.

ent of rant.

Comment

I just play them off against one another, want my business? make it cheaper or feck off.
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                        X