Radio/dvd/telly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio/dvd/telly

Anyone know of a reasonably priced system that will fit in the double hole in the centre console?

Or has anyone fitted one from another model?
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Not off the top of my head but just google double din TV. Most TV tuners these days will have all the other functions with it.
    Just make sure you buy a Decent ariel/reciever for it. It must be one that works at high speeds or the reception will be rubbish.

P.S. Have a look at avforums.com. The best forum for all manners of techinal gizmos and what not.
    See what the guys on there recomend. Usually you will find that the guys on there will have disected whatever it is their talking about several times and relay the best buys to others.
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by surrey-surfer; 18 February 2010, 21:52.
    Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by surrey-surfer View Post
      Not off the top of my head but just google double din TV. Most TV tuners these days will have all the other functions with it.
      Just make sure you buy a Decent ariel/reciever for it. It must be one that works at high speeds or the reception will be rubbish.
      Thanks, I thought they would be expensive, but I've had a quick check on google and they are not too bad.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

at all costs avoid anything made by EONON, they are a hong kong make and all over Fleabay, cheap good price but 50/50 whether you get a working one or not, i got a 1din dvd / sat nav / tv all singing and dancing jobbie for the car and worked perfect for 3 weeks then shat itself, took 5 months to get my money back after paying for it being sent to uk for repair, and then shipping it to hong kong for refund, €250 headunit and got a £100 refund, so basically ended up down €250 as shipping was nearly 100 quid total.....

Comment

I bought an eonon a few years ago. One of those all-in-one does everything type systems. The guy that installed it thought i was mad buying one as he'd heard nothing but negative feedback about them.
          I thought he was just talking shite but it turned out he was kind of right.
          The thing nearly always stalled playing dvd's, the TV reception was unwatchable, rubbish build quality & it heated up so much the dash would get hot. Only thing that worked properly was the gps & the radio but you couldn't use both at the same time so it basically ended up as a 300 quid radio!
          Never again. They're cheap for a reason.

Comment

mine did the exact same, E901 single din, yeah mine was great for winter mornings, heating up the car......

AVOID AVOID

at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
              mine did the exact same, E901 single din, yeah mine was great for winter mornings, heating up the car......

AVOID AVOID

at all costs
              Mine was a double din unit. Actually it came to more like nearly 400 quid including postage & getting it fitted!!!

Comment

all ya need to do to fit them is stick gps to top of windscreen, and stick handbrake cable to ground, took me 45mins to install and setup including amps,

mate of mine owns an audio company and laughed at me when i told him i bought, then it all happened, and he still takes the pi$$ out of me over it

Comment

I must be one of the lucky ones regarding Eonon units. I've had mine fitted for about 2 and a half years and it's still going strong. Plays DVD's and music no problem although I never bothered with the TV side of it.

The controls, touch screen and remote are all still working fine. I believe Ian (Popeye) also bought one and he had the TV working okay on his once he got a decent aerial.

Mine was £101.00 including postage and I fitted it myself.
                  'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                    I must be one of the lucky ones regarding Eonon units. I've had mine fitted for about 2 and a half years and it's still going strong. Plays DVD's and music no problem although I never bothered with the TV side of it.

The controls, touch screen and remote are all still working fine. I believe Ian (Popeye) also bought one and he had the TV working okay on his once he got a decent aerial.

Mine was £101.00 including postage and I fitted it myself.
                    Glad its working ok for you.

Seems to be a 50/50 thing going on with eonon. 50% of folks say; my one works fine, the other 50% say; my ones a piece of shite??? Which means they have serious quality control issues.

I was advised once that if something is being advertised as being able to do everything in one package then it usually means there will one or more of the features that will not work properly.
                    This was true for my experience with eonon.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
                      Glad its working ok for you.
                      I was quite surprised myself. I'm normally in the 50% that get a duff one!
                      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Yup! i have one, been in for around the same time as Jims and it's ok, radio works fine as does the reversing camera bit, TV??? well even with a amplified didital power aeriel you cant watch telly when your moveing, the pic just breakes up, ok when your parked (depending on the location) i also fitted a freeview unit to it, one thing tho, it wont power up the rear speaker amps (the stock ones that are fitted to the original speakers) so you'll need to run new cable and prob new decent amps, (summat i aint got round to yet,) sound is crap on just the front speakers, mine didn't have GPS option so i have a tom tom for that,
                        as said you get what you pay for! if poss go for a reconised make like pioneer, sony etc, loads of money but much better and the aftermarket back up is good, if these "Econon" things go wrong ya just as well junk it,
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                        X