Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Leak Problem

Hi Guys

quick question i seemed to have developed a fuel leak cant see where its coming from

spotted one thing the tension hose clip on the one of the hoses (that connects to the metal pipes from the tank) seems a bit loose so going to swap this for a proper jubilee clip also want to do the other end of the longer pipe that disapears into the engine any ideas where this ends up

any other places to look as its doing my head in and camping weather is around the corner lol.

any help would be much appreciated

**passed mot with just brake pads needed woooohooo**

cheers guys

The pipe that goes towards engine bay ends up at the fuel filter mounted on the bulkhead.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

thanks mate but im after the other end not the fuel filter end if that makes sense i can find 3 connections

pipes from tank then a short section of hose into the filter and one coming out so i can add jubliee clips here but need to know where the other end is

cheers jon

Comment

it goes to fuel pump. just follow the hose along...
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

You will have a flow and return to tank, an in and out on filter and pipe to fuel pump I think.

Got any pics of what you mean?
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

thanks guys been reading some other threads looks like i may have an issue with the pump seals any one got any pics of the fuel pump before i start unbolting stuff

really need to get this sorted on the cheap as missus is starting to lose patience lol.

did my share to help other surfers the other day though and towed a guy home who had filled up with unleaded instead od diesel oops

cheers guys.

got a day off tomoz with no wife and kids so would like to get the leak sorted or at least indentified

cheers

Comment

it goes tank-filter-pump, then injector overflow pipe-fitting on top of pump-back to tank.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

does any one have any pics of the fuel return pipe as this may also be the problem

also anyone have any more info on adding atf fluid to the fuel to swell the seals

cheers
                Last edited by BAV1; 16 February 2010, 23:57.

Comment

Working...
                X