Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue truck now repaired

Finally got my blue truck repaired..

Relaced tailgate and centre bumper = £260 (labour only as i got the bits from stormforce)

Needed to get a new MOT too..Failed on front brake pads and offside front constant velocity joint gaitor was split (whatever that is !! ) There was also 6 advisories too, which the garage didn't give me the option to have done...

total for above was £475

Now to get VIC done which I believe is £40

I prefer my blue one to the black one as it is a smoother drive all round...now to get the replacement doors fitted on the black one (once i get my motorhome back from the garage) Jeez...always seem to be keeping the garage in work!

£475 for what Shirley

pads and a CV boot,
    Surely not, lol

thats not right...
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

£475 does seem a bit OTT for the work listed...

Comment

apparently fitting the tailgate (swapping motor etc from damaged one), straightening bumper brackets, fitting replacement central bumper. Front brake pads cost £44, gaitor £62...(had the truck for 2 weeks!!!but i am sure he didn't start the work until I phoned after a week wondering when it was ready....)

Goodness knows what the bill will be for my motorhome !!! full exhaust, service, cambelt..fitting replacement front wiper motor and linkage.

Hmmmm....did notice some new shiny black large snap on tool boxes!!!! in the workshop...

I may have to start selling my valuables on ebay!!!!

Comment

A cv boot at £62!!!!!!!!

He's havin a laugh.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

i guess thats the fitted cost.....they said 2 hours to do that job..would that be correct? or have I been taken for a mug ...

Comment

2 hours is a bit on the long side. 40 minutes allowing for unforeseen problems is more like it.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                2 hours is a bit on the long side. 40 minutes allowing for unforeseen problems is more like it.
                40 mins is providing you know what your doing, most garages haven't seen a surf let alone worked on one!

Comment

Originally posted by shirley53 View Post
                  i guess thats the fitted cost.....they said 2 hours to do that job..would that be correct? or have I been taken for a mug ...
                  Hi Shirley.
                  I recently paid £25 for genuine Toyota pads and about £9 for a CV boot (gaitor).
                  But if those prices included the fitting of them aswell then you can relax as its sounds about right from a garage. Although it seems like they charged you and hours labour to fit the CV which is only about 30 minutes work i would imagine.
                  Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Working...
                  X