Lacquered Chrome Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacquered Chrome Work

Is it possible to apply lacquer to chrome work? I've read a few threads on Google and the general consensus of opinion is no.

I guess it's because the lacquer doesn't bond to well too the chrome. It was just a thought as my front bumper is pitted with tiny rust marks which polish out but as soon as it rains they're back again.

Just wondered if anyone here has had any success with lacquering chrome?
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Laquer like most paint wont stick too well on chrome, i think you would need to apply an etching primer first, maybe a going over with a scotch pad would help paint adhere but then ya loose the shine, so a nice satin black's the best bet
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Cheers, Ian. I guess I'll just keep polishing the chrome until it won't polish up anymore. It's not too bad actually I guess there's still a couple of years left in it.

I was going to bid on the one that's just sold on Ebay, should have bit the bullet and bought it. £56.50 plus delivery wasn't too bad.

I see the rear bumper that was for sale went for £156. I would have bid for that but the rear quarters were a bit too dinted for my liking.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        Cheers, Ian. I guess I'll just keep polishing the chrome until it won't polish up anymore. It's not too bad actually I guess there's still a couple of years left in it.

I was going to bid on the one that's just sold on Ebay, should have bit the bullet and bought it. £56.50 plus delivery wasn't too bad.

I see the rear bumper that was for sale went for £156. I would have bid for that but the rear quarters were a bit too dinted for my liking.
        You could get em powder coated, dunno how much it'd cost (unless you know someone in the game, and assumeing you aint bothered about em being nice and shiney)
        my rear quarters are "goin home" i cut two bl00dy great holes either side when i intended running the exhausts out there and the holes got rid of the worst of the rust at the time but it's spreading,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
        X