Transmission Capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Capacity

Does anyone know or found out the maximum amount of transmission fluid needed for a flush. Looked on Yotatech, and they say about 15-20 US quarts which is about 14-18 litres

Assuming the dextron comes in 1 litre bottles, thats a lot of bottles,

Anyone any the wiser???

Originally posted by Fieldsy
    Does anyone know or found out the maximum amount of transmission fluid needed for a flush. Looked on Yotatech, and they say about 15-20 US quarts which is about 14-18 litres

Assuming the dextron comes in 1 litre bottles, thats a lot of bottles,

Anyone any the wiser???
    fieldsy, not sure about the amount, but go to a motor factors and buy 5 gallon if you need that much, it will work out a lot cheaper, if not buy it by the gallon
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

cheers Ian,

yeah, would like to know how much, so I don't run out halfway through

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
        cheers Ian,

yeah, would like to know how much, so I don't run out halfway through
        i would have thought that if you have a one and a half times what the gearbox holds you should be ok
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
          i would have thought that if you have a one and a half times what the gearbox holds you should be ok
          an auto box only holds 2.5 litres
          [size=5][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
            an auto box only holds 2.5 litres
            Think they should be correct on Yotatech, they know their stuff and the Box on the 4Runner is the same as the Auto Surf.

The Converter and lines and cooler hold quite a bit.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
              Think they should be correct on Yotatech, they know their stuff and the Box on the 4Runner is the same as the Auto Surf.

The Converter and lines and cooler hold quite a bit.

Cheers
              i dont know, ive just quoted what it says in the manual for the autobox
              [size=5][/size]

Comment

Depends on which auto box is fitted but my '90 2.4 has an A340H box which holds 4.5l drain & refill (4.8 US qts, 4.0 imp qts) or 10.3l for a dry fill (10.9 US qts, 9.1 imp qts). These figures from Max Ellery manual.

I guess you would need 1.5 to 2 times the dry fill qty to flush the whole system. Definitely buy the Dexron II in bulk. My local accessory shop sells a gallon for about £10 - motor factors may be cheaper.

Roger
                Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Transmission Capacity

I have myself a sweet Hilux Surf 2L-TE A/T and when I replaced the transmission fluid, and cleaned the mesh inside the A/T fluid pan.
                  Took me 6Liters of ATF to fill 'er up.

Comment

Originally posted by mj1226 View Post

I have myself a sweet Hilux Surf 2L-TE A/T and when I replaced the transmission fluid, and cleaned the mesh inside the A/T fluid pan.
                    Good bit of searching going on there to dig that one up.

If you only used 6 litres then you only drained what was in the pan, and if you needed 6litres to top up, then there may not have been enough there in the first place, or now you have overfilled it, or a combination of both You definitely did not get all the oil out of the torque converter.
                    I ( and others ) drain the pan at every engine oil change and that typically gets about 4.5 litres out.
                    Сви можемо

Comment

Hmmm I wonder if the OP and his auto box changing issues and ATF quantity are related?
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by mj1226 View Post

You don't have to keep digging up 8 year old threads to get your post count up!

There are plenty of current posts you can answer if you have something relevant to add.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                          You don't have to keep digging up 8 year old threads to get your post count up!

There are plenty of current posts you can answer if you have something relevant to add.

i think vince has been doing lessons.........
                          well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Working...
                          X