Changing headlight bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing headlight bulbs

is it an easy job to change the headlight bulb? I find mine very dim , so i thought i'd replace them with better ones

Dead easy only takes about 15min either go from the front i.e remove trim (careful of the clips) unbolt headlights and change bulbs (H4 i think) or leave it all in place and remove batteries and bottles and replace that way (i did the former as the batteries are a pain to connect again).
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

thanks..I opened the bonnet and thought ....oh sh*t i will need to remove batteries etc....It is H4 replacement lights I bought.

Shirl

Comment

Ha ha yup thats what i thought too taking the stuff off the front wasnt as bad as i thought but if you are removing them from the engine bay side try post 6 http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=50619
        The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

It's the factory wiring thats inadequate, (too thin)not the bulbs.

There are upgraded wiring kits available from 4crawler.

Comment

I fitted better bulbs but as Vince has said it's the wiring that lets the lights down, I improved my whole setup by installing some low profile led halo waterproof spotlights, connected to high beam they are very good on dark roads and for offroad. Bumper mounted, easy to fit.

Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

as the saying goes , God said ''Let there be light''.... What a difference with those spots... I am afraid i know nothing about electrickery..so I prob would not be able to do it myself. Geez....i can't even open the bonnet myself due to my lack of height !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

I managed to change the bulbs, how much wiring is involved to upgrade it?

I get a staff discount on cable at work :P

peace
                cal
                Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Look at 4crawler's website, I'm sure he has a diagram.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    Look at 4crawler's website, I'm sure he has a diagram.
                    Thank you

peace
                    cal
                    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

So basicaly use the feed as a relay trigger and wire direct, with fuse of course, using heavy gauge wire to the battery will give less current lose resulting in brighter lights...
                      mmm will try that as mine are new bulbs that appear like candles...
                      My mk3 fiesta had the best lights i have ever seen sooo frikin bright and high beam had a great spread of light and only used cheap h4's.
                      Talking of bulbs went to motor factors and brought 2 h4's for £3.58 thought it would be more and felt embaresed to pay with card.....
                      Shows how much mark up halfrauds have the same bulbs were sumink like £4.50 each.....
                      Remember arrows are silent.....................
                      Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
                      X