Well here we go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well here we go

took the truck off the road to do this soddin DIY camber adjustment and fit new discs, plus i lost the power steering, luckly it was right outside my house, after a look its the belt slack as a yak, aint looking forward to doing this, so if it all goes tits up there'll be a junker for richard comeing up
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

You'll be fine Ian.At least there's no rain or anything today so you'll be dry
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

After a half hearted half day at it i've managed to do the power steering pump adjuster ok, rounded off one of those small allen head bolts that hold the manual hubs alloy switching front bit on, my fault for useing locktite on the ba$tards, managed to lever off the front without buggering it up too much, snapped the allen bolt!! worry about that later, and undo 3 of the 4 bolts holding the caliper and pipe on, very tight!!, had enough for today,
      doing it in my garage Rich! so if anything i'm too hot

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        , my fault for useing locktite on the ba$tards,
        ooh, bad move!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          ooh, bad move!

Yeah!! tell me about it bit of grease next time

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            You'll be fine Ian.At least there's no rain or anything today so you'll be dry
            No rain or anything? We've had snow all blooming day today! What a day to break down.
            It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

no idea what snow is down this far.It tends to stop about 30m up the road
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                and undo 3 of the 4 bolts holding the caliper and pipe on, very tight!!, t
                There's only 2 bolts holding the caliper on and a clip holding the flexi pipe.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  There's only 2 bolts holding the caliper on and a clip holding the flexi pipe.
                  OK cheers, i'll have a closer look, that would save a lot of straining my ring

Comment

Right! had a look and it looks like you have to disconnect the brake flexi hose to remove the caliper properly, the pipework dont seem to "unclip" at all, so it's all four bolts i'm afraid as i dont want to undo the hose/pipe and loose fluid.

Comment

Unless you want to take the caliper off completely, or your brakes are different from mine, you only have to take 2 bolts and a clip off to get the caliper out of the way to get the disc off.

1 - Remove the clip holding the brake pipe at the bottom.
                      2 - Remove the pads and re-seat the pistons.
                      3 - Slacken (but don't remove) the caliper bolts.
                      4 - Remove both the the hub bearing nuts and the outer bearing (wiggle the hub to free it).
                      7 - Remove the caliper bolts and gently swing the caliper off, the solid pipe will move up into where the flexi pipe was fixed to allow this. Don't let the caliper go!
                      8 - Using your free hand, slide the hub off.
                      9 - Temporarily and loosely bolt the caliper back on.

Refitting is a reversal of the above.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

^ What he said.
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

OK cheers, i want to remove the caliper and hang it out the way tho while i mess with the camber adj, less stuff in the way the better

Comment

Working...
                          X