Just Curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Curious

Just ordered 15lts of Roughtraxs oferf on diesel oil, Toyotas own brand. Curious is it just snob value to use Toyotas engine oil, or is there a significant difference in quality or additives. Still £10 for 5lts seems good value ???
    nigel
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

I think you pays your money ..etc... if its cheap change it on a regular basis

Back in the day Baby

Comment

£10 for 5L would be great value. Don't forget to add vat and delivery.....

Comment

as long as it's slippery, i don't think it's gonna make any difference in an old Kreg motor...

just get the cheapest you can!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post

just get the cheapest you can!
          like you and booze?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            like you and booze?

and women!

they gotta be cheap at the moment though!...
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Thanks for the replies lads, so it looks at if putting expensive oil in isnt going to make a great deal of diff. As to the price of Roughtrax oil, normally id shy away from their £8 odd flat rate, but as i needed a filter, and a fuel filter it seemed a fair price, if id used separate web sites for each, id have soon run up an equivalent p&p cost.

Now that ive mentioned the oil filter, any thoughts on whether i should have paid the extra for a genuine Toyota filter, or is their non branded as good.
              thanks
              nigel

Comment

All oils are made to meet a specific standard, but some exceed the standard more than others, which is where the price difference comes from. I personally use the semi synthetic Chevron stuff from Costco. I think it's about £25 for 20L.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The genuine Toyota filter is only a pound or two more expensive and 'feels' as if it's far better quality, so use that.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    The genuine Toyota filter is only a pound or two more expensive and 'feels' as if it's far better quality, so use that.
                    B u g er, ordered the cheaper one, will it make a great deal of diff ???

Comment

Originally posted by nigel129 View Post
                      B u g er, ordered the cheaper one, will it make a great deal of diff ???
                      It'll be OK, don't fret. But when you're buying consumables like that, always check the Toyota price, sometimes they're cheaper (batteries are an example).

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        It'll be OK, don't fret. But when you're buying consumables like that, always check the Toyota price, sometimes they're cheaper (batteries are an example).
                        thanks Alb

Comment

Working...
                        X