33 tyres-can i fit em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33 tyres-can i fit em

Just wandering as im new to all this can i fit a 33x12.5 tyre on my truck, by the time i have enough cash for tyres i will have fitted my 2" body lift,is there anything else i need to do and if so what would you lads recommend i do to get em on/or other sizes to look at
    ive looked at some threads but i dont fully under stand the imperial( " ) sizes yet,just want someone in the know to give me a understandable answer,cheers pete
    hilux surf 2.4 auto ssr-x 1991

Folk normally do 4" lifts before fitting 33s
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Touch and go with just a 2" body lift mate. I have a 2" body lift and 2" suspension lift and my 33" tyres still catch the inner arches on full lock!
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Hi doe,s it not also depend on the off-set on your wheels, i had 32,s on a standard Surf but had -20 off-set no problems at all.
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

thanks lads just the info i was after,would a 2" suspension lift help shoe-horn em in aswell? as i was planing 1 of these in the future too (the missus don`t want me to mess about with her but i just can`t hepl myself!)

Comment

2" Body lift and a 2" suspension lift is the easiest way to get a 4" lift.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              2" Body lift and a 2" suspension lift is the easiest way to get a 4" lift.
              Yeh i realised what i`d put once i read it back to myself but thanks anyways!! lmao

Comment

Originally posted by pocketrocket View Post
                thanks lads just the info i was after,would a 2" suspension lift help shoe-horn em in aswell? as i was planing 1 of these in the future too (the missus don`t want me to mess about with her but i just can`t hepl myself!)
                i know how you feel so you better mess about with the truck instead
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

if you not off roading and a little cutting i fit 33s on an old 4 runner and was ok
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by arron View Post
                    if you not off roading and a little cutting i fit 33s on an old 4 runner and was ok
                    By "off roading," do you include speed bumps? Only asking...
                    Andy
                    http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Mine are abour 32" and used to jam badly before my 2" lift.
                      Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

well i plan to do a 2" body lift in the summer when it gets warmer and see how i go with that before i take on a suspension lift,prob be some time early next year before i can afford big wheels tyres anyway with the way things are going at work at the mo
                        thanx for the info guys very much appreciated, i will keep the info locked away in the old grey sponge upstairs till the time comes

Comment

ok so your ganna get 33-12.5's you got a 2" lift kit and you dont sound like you wanna fiddle with the suspension yet so maybe compensate with wheel spacers or well offset wheels????? let me know what you work out cos i wanna go down a similar path...... big tyres but not too much chassis work!!!!
                          sucks being poor but it makes my truck a luxury!!

Comment

You need positive offset rims, i'd gues with just a 2" body lift they will rub, but that would be trial and error, spacers will make it worse, the more the wheels sticks out the wider the arc on turning and the more it'll rub, rubbing always seems to be worse on the rear of the arch, i have 4" total front lift and still had to hack away a load of metal but then i have reversed rims so that made the arc much more,
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by tomtrux View Post
                              ok so your ganna get 33-12.5's you got a 2" lift kit and you dont sound like you wanna fiddle with the suspension yet so maybe compensate with wheel spacers or well offset wheels????? let me know what you work out cos i wanna go down a similar path...... big tyres but not too much chassis work!!!!
                              sucks being poor but it makes my truck a luxury!!
                              yeh i know what u mean there bud! i`ll keep things updated as and when they happen, the body lift will be first as soon as it starts gettin warmer ill go on! my surfs got fairly good history and its not in too bad a shape so hopefully spend some spare cash as and when i get some on toys
                              Last edited by pocketrocket; 9 February 2010, 16:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X