Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror assembly removal?

Howdy fellow surf owners.
    When removing the mirror from a 3rd gen wing mirror, is it a case of simply jamming a flat head screw-driver in under the black plastic mirror surround & popping it out or will i break something if i do this?

Im getting a glass-cutters to cut a piece of mirror for me tomorrow so i need to make an exact template of the original.

you can get them the right size from most motor factors, i can get them up here in the real capital, a proper city.....

Comment

Mirror Glass

How Much Is Your Mirror Glass Costing
      A Genuine Toyota One Is Only £22.00 ?????
      Cheers Jonny
      MINES A LARGE ONE !!!

Comment

Roughtrax ones are only £20 or so.

...I put a screwdriver up the small hole in the bottom of the mirror housing to get the mirror out.

Then to get the back off, either heat it with a hairdryer (it's a 3rd gen you may even have one handy ) and pop it off....or jam a screwdriver up into it and make a mess.

good luck.

Comment

Cheers fellas. yeah i think i'l just get a new mirror from roughtrax. The crowd i was going to get the mirror from were going to charge me 20 quid.
          Feck that.

Comment

When you add the vat and delivery to the R'trax one you're better off with the crowd charging £20 ?

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
              When you add the vat and delivery to the R'trax one you're better off with the crowd charging £20 ?
              Yeah but they'll literally just cut a piece of regular flat mirror. I think the toyota replacement is a proper one. They're slightly convex.

Comment

do you want me to get you a price on one for your truck simon??? i have a mate in toyota here and a motor factor...

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                  do you want me to get you a price on one for your truck simon??? i have a mate in toyota here and a motor factor...
                  Yes please.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
                    Yeah but they'll literally just cut a piece of regular flat mirror. I think the toyota replacement is a proper one. They're slightly convex.
                    Fair enough....

Comment

Working...
                    X