Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance, which path LOL

Hey,

Well finally leapt over the biggest heardle, which was passing my driving test, thankfully i did.

Which leads me on to insurance, i have just came off the phone the both sureteam and adrian flux. Fristly phoned sureteam up, went through all the questions ect... (you know how it is) anyhow the guy came back and just laughed, i thought to myself i hope it was a good laugh, it wasn't. He said that the numbers that were appearing on his screen at that end were'nt even worth considering, take 8k up over After that phoned adrian flux, they have been the cheapest so far for my dads terrano, the guy finally came back with a quote of 2214.12p or there abouts. I then thought

a. at least theres is fairly realistic.
    b. i knew it was gonna be high.

But then when you look at it, i think fuk me, thats a lot of money lol So what do you people think, is it worth it, i cant imagine anywhere else been cheaper, unless you guys can think of any, put me in a bit of a dilema really, do i go all out and pay it or do i buy a shitty car like saxo or summit which would be a considerable amount cheaper, i dont know lol

Anyone any ideas

Regards
    James
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

i would never wanna pay that sorta money for insurance but then you are a first time driver

i am phoning around for insurance myself on a 3ltr td and im apaulled at quotes around £350!

my advice would be get a shitbox for a couple of years and come back in a couple of years when you have a couple of yrs no claims

Comment

Originally posted by Robmatthews View Post
      i would never wanna pay that sorta money for insurance but then you are a first time driver

i am phoning around for insurance myself on a 3ltr td and im apaulled at quotes around £350!

my advice would be get a shitbox for a couple of years and come back in a couple of years when you have a couple of yrs no claims
      He'll need to be over 25 as well!

Comment

go and do pass plus that will help, if i remember right its 6 lessions and that give you price if you had 1years no clams bonus
        Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

Try lifesure, sometimes they're OK.

Also, have a look at comparison sites for the premium on a 4runner rather than a surf. I have found them to be about half the price before. There are plenty of runners about and they're the same except for the aircon and the cupholders. The aircon never works properly anyway....

Oh, and put a woman, any woman, on the cover and you'll get it cheaper. Don't bother lying, just find anyone female who doesn't mind you using their name and put them on as a named driver. I have a female friend on mine. She doesn't live with me or ever drive the car (she has her own) but I get £200 off for having her on there. When they ask what relationship, just say 'other'.

And be six years older
          Last edited by Sancho; 3 February 2010, 20:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            Oh, and put a woman, any woman, on the cover and you'll get it cheaper. Don't bother lying, just find anyone female who doesn't mind you using their name and put them on as a named driver. I have a female friend on mine. She doesn't live with me or ever drive the car (she has her own) but I get £200 off for having her on there. When they ask what relationship, just say 'other'.
            Doesn't always work - I thought about adding the missus to my insurance so she could start learning to drive a car and it somewhere between doubles and triples the price! (She is 12 years younger than me and on a provisional licence though!)

Comment

would look at getting it in your mum / dads name with you as named driver. Some of the companies allow named drivers to gain there own no claims now
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

i always put my mum on the insurance... she's only ever driven the car once!!...

she dropped it by £20 (being 60!) and Mrs slug dropped it by £2 (she's 27 and crap driver!!)

but then i must live in a nice area, as my insurance is only £170 FC!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

2k for insurance! fuc me, makes me feel a bit guilty telling flux to ram it, after 5yr with them. They quoted me £280 up £30 on last year for full comp.
                  Brian

Comment

I found Direct Line/Tesco to be cheapest. Admiral have recently started another company to deal with younger/higher risk drivers but I can remember what they are called but they both have a scheme which allows you to earn your NCB in 9 months.

Comment

try quinn direct as they specialize in younger drivers so its worth giving them a try
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I have just been quoted £609.50!
                        6 years no claims over 25 and vehicle value at £3750

Adrian flux, I was hoping for about £450 especially as i already have my bike insured with them and annoyed they wont do a multi car discount for my priusas well
                        If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                          I have just been quoted £609.50!
                          6 years no claims over 25 and vehicle value at £3750

Adrian flux, I was hoping for about £450 especially as i already have my bike insured with them and annoyed they wont do a multi car discount for my priusas well
                          I'm guessing you're in one of the Medway towns?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                            I'm guessing you're in one of the Medway towns?
                            Yes, but the car is insured at my Folkestone address as the premium for medway is astronomical! The surf is kept at Folkestone wheras the priusis at medway

I have a full clean licence, never had a point etc.
                            If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Working...
                            X