Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOYOTATONY View Post
    Hi,
    Anything to do with R12, a CFC gas, over here in the UK is banned and you must be certificated to touch any kind of air-con system or refrigerant.
    I don't know what is, or is not allowed in Serbia, however, using the drop-in R413a(Mo 49) is correct for R12. (Has to be in liquid form.)
    (There are drop-in gases for most if not all common use refrigerants.)
    The point is that you can't do this in the UK and I thought you might inadvertantly confuse the issue. No offence.
    Regards.
    Just to add my tuppence worth - R12 is banned internationally by (amongst other things) the Kyoto Protocol. Basically, because it is banned (at least in most of the world) nobody manufactures it cos there isn't a market for it.

From a humorous point of view many years ago a mate of mine was trying to defrost his freezer. Being a bright spark he decided to help it along by removing the large chunks of ice. With a chisel.

Needless to say, the inevitable happened and he went through the freezer, fractured something that contained refridgerent, there was a bit of a bang and the whole room suddenly became clouded in fog!

Comment

Originally posted by TOYOTATONY View Post
      As for buying a DIY kit: You can only use these kits providing you have completed the appropriate F Gas certification.
      sorry, i must have read this wrong!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven View Post
        Where are you going?

I'm half thinking of doing Morocco - Mauritania - Mali - Burkina Faso - Ghana and back again (If my travel friend is up for it) in 2011 but I will be going in Feb / March.
        We're heading to Cape Town, over 6 months. Taking 2 surfs - ours and another that's still to be bought, driven by different friends/family on each of 8 legs.

Your trip sounds cool - we're going the other way, into Tunisia and then East, and down the East coast. Seems you have to take your pick between east or west coasts just now, as there's no safe route between the two until you're well south.

We drove to Berlin in the summer, and the a/c was just about up to keeping us cool in sub 30C, but wouldn't be anywhere near able to hack the temps we'll be hitting - hence the thread!
        Andy
        http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
          Just to add my tuppence worth - R12 is banned internationally by (amongst other things) the Kyoto Protocol. Basically, because it is banned (at least in most of the world) nobody manufactures it cos there isn't a market for it.

From a humorous point of view many years ago a mate of mine was trying to defrost his freezer. Being a bright spark he decided to help it along by removing the large chunks of ice. With a chisel.

Needless to say, the inevitable happened and he went through the freezer, fractured something that contained refridgerent, there was a bit of a bang and the whole room suddenly became clouded in fog!

I used a screwdriver to achieve the same effect in 1984 ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
            That scenario used to be used in Risk Assessment and Incident investigation courses at work.

Several people are killed each year trying to defrost fridges! Dangerous things you know...

PS I say 'several' because I can't remember the exact figure.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              That scenario used to be used in Risk Assessment and Incident investigation courses at work.

Several people are killed each year trying to defrost fridges! Dangerous things you know...

PS I say 'several' because I can't remember the exact figure.
              it must happen a lot!

http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showpo...57&postcount=6
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                sorry, i must have read this wrong!
                No da SLUG man, you didn't read it wrong, just misinterpreted it wrong.
                I'll admit my wording could have been clearer, but I was still talking about the replacement kits, as in the original thread & not the top-up kits.

(There is still some clarification needed regarding the legality of DIY top-up kits. A dispute that is ongoing.)
                Last edited by TOYOTATONY; 3 February 2010, 00:39.

Comment

Working...
                X