RT Wheel spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT Wheel spacers

Does anyone know if the studs are the same as on the Surf?

I just fitted my new ones today, 2 went on fine, one 'felt' a bit weird but torqued up so I'm assuming it'll be OK, the last one wouldn't torque and I managed to stretch 2 studs and snap 2!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    Does anyone know if the studs are the same as on the Surf?

I just fitted my new ones today, 2 went on fine, one 'felt' a bit weird but torqued up so I'm assuming it'll be OK, the last one wouldn't torque and I managed to stretch 2 studs and snap 2!
    LOL, so soon after a post the other day.

I've fixed spacer studs with surf studs, but I'm sure I had to turn them down a little in the lathe, something wasn't exactly right, can't remember what now. Surf front and rear studs are different lenghts, so one may fit better in spacer than t'other

LAS used to supply spacer studs, you may find RT does as well, have you called them yet? (appriciate its late sat now, but you might have done it this morning lol )
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

I've fixed spacer studs with surf studs, but I'm sure I had to turn them down a little in the lathe, something wasn't exactly right, can't remember what now. Surf front and rear studs are different lenghts, so one may fit better in spacer than t'other

LAS used to supply spacer studs, you may find RT does as well, have you called them yet? (appriciate its late sat now, but you might have done it this morning lol )
      Aye, when the first stud snapped, that post was the first thing that came into my head! Weird that it was 4 on the same spacer?

I've not called them yet, broke it at 4pm, was going to just swap studs if they were the same. But as they're not, I'll call them on Monday.

113nm is the correct torque?

Comment

113nm is the correct torque?
        yeah, think that 80-90ft/lb isn't it?

**edit, been looking around and some sites are saying 105nm/75fl/lb's**

Comment

83 ft/lbs. It's what the manual says.

Apart from my back axle looking a bit squint, it's no biggie. I'll sort it on Monday.

Comment

Roughtrax aren't open week-ends.

Comment

Thats three grunts.

Comment

83 ft/lbs. It's what the manual says.

Apart from my back axle looking a bit squint, it's no biggie. I'll sort it on Monday.
                Ooo thats bad luck mate. Mine went on fine (if thats any help), I noticed my rear drivers side wheel stuck out further afterwards but thats coz its lifted an I need drop brackets or adjustable panhard rod (apparantly) as the axle is pushed over due to the lift. Well I did anyways before it died.
                How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Thats three grunts.
                  you must have the same make torque wrench as me Vince
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

I remember Chris's truck at Drumclog broke studs in the spacers, I don't like em myself.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

If they are fitted properly, I can't see there being an issue with them. But the studs do seem to be a bit soft.

Did Chris torque his up properly? Mine broke whilst I was torquing them and as it was the same spacer that had all 4 failures, I'd suggest a fault (dunt, or defect) on that one spacer?

I could have tightened them and left them, but they would have failed in use, which is far worse than stretching or shearing a stud or two fitting them.

Comment

They are fine if you don't do then up like a gorrilla!

Do you nuts up with a torque wrench once in a while, you'll be surprise how 'loose' they should be, jumping on the breaker bar is a bad move, so is doing them up with a decent airgun.

Comment

They are fine if you don't do then up like a gorrilla
                          That's what I was getting at with Chris, I'd be surprised if he torqued them.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't mean you.

I'll say this though, those spacers don't seem to have a lot of leeway for over torquing, and I always err on the side of not going to far.

Its not just R/T ones though, LA Supertrux's and all the Ebay ones, I've fitted lots, they all seem to come from the same place (china, I'd assume! lol ) and are all the same as far as the studs are concerned.

Comment

I'll say this though, those spacers don't seem to have a lot of leeway for over torquing, and I always err on the side of not going to far.
                              Once I get this sorted, I'll maybe drop to 100/105 ish and check them more often.

Comment

Working...
                              X