I think it's time up for my Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's time up for my Surf

Sad to say it, but I think it's got to go. Wife's car (Pug 307) is knackered, I'm back at college one day a week and only working weekends so it's just sitting there most of the time. Looks like we're going to do a 2 car trade in to get something cheap and reliable to share for the time being.

The missus wants an Auris. We took one for a test drive, very un-exciting but I guess it does what it says on the tin.

Gutted about my Surf though, but I have to admit it, in the current state of affairs it's the sensible thing to do.

....sob.....

sympathy please!

Sorry to hear that Gaz but as you say needs must and you got to think of yourselves first.
    Mandy is trading in her beloved celica for a Toyota IQ as its cheaper to run and no road tax to pay and cheap on insurance.
    If i never needed to have the surf for towing then mine would of gone a few months agao aswell
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers mate, aye it sucks. I've been making excuses for ages saying "but it'll run forever" and "it'll still come in handy".

I'm sure I'll need to transport something that won't fit in the Auris as soon as it's gone! Have to start paying for delivery!

AAARGH

I'm gutted.

Comment

do you actually need something big like the Auris cause the IQ's are quite nice for a small car.There's a link to them in my thread saying goodbye
        It was just a thought if things were tight and you only need a smaller car

Comment

We want 5 doors to be honest, got 2 dogs as well who may on seldom occaisions need to go in the boot (poor things!).

Comment

know what you mean we got 2 northern inuits and a gordon setter so they will be in the truck all the time now

Comment

LOL, they wouldn't fit in may cars! Lovely dogs a friend of mine had a Gordon Setter it was a lovely dog. Northern Inuits look really nice too but never met one if you know what I mean.

I bet you'll be forever cleaning the Surf's back window!

Mine are Border Collie crosses so not too big.

Comment

Its bad enough cleaning the front room window several times a day as they sit on the window sill and slobber over the window.
                My 2 are 18months old and i wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of them.They are lovely dogs though
                The Gordon Setter is just soft as hell we got him from a breeder who only breeds his bitch when he needs a new gun dog.He goes all over the world with the bitch to get her mated and the pups then are sold all over the world.5 bitch pups went to Norway and the other 2 dogs went up country.They have got a very good pedigree line.
                One thing the Gordon Setters are not a popular breed so you don't see many as pets

Comment

I love dogs, I'd have more if her indoors would let me. 18 month old's, I bet they're good fun! Have you had much stuff chewed or dug up/buried? The G Setter sounds like a good pedigree indeed, I must admit besides the one I knew, I think I've only ever seen one other. They can run all day, as I'm sure you'll know!

Well we've been to the toyota garage this evening and it seems nobody wants a Surf. The guy phoned round his normal part ex takers and only one of them was interested - for a paltry £500 - I don't think so.

So the Pug has been traded in and we get the Auris on Wednesday. So I just need to sell the Surf now.........I thought I'd got away with it when the dealer said "it's not really worth trading it in" and then I got a stern sideways look from the boss!

Comment

the 2 inuits have chewed just about everything and dug holes all around the garden and they are a pair of right pains but still loveable tho

Comment

Well that's it, the end of an era, the surf's gone. Gutted I am but needs must and all that.

Still it's going to be off on a great adventure travelling to Cape Town, so at least it's not just sitting on a drive somewhere.

sigh............black armbands for the rest of the week I think..........

It's a good time to thank everyone who's helped me out on this here forum, friendliest forum I've ever posted on.

Thanks everyone, hopefully I'll get another surf sometime and be back asking how to do stuff. I may still pop in now and again of course too.

Comment

Working...
                      X