No announcement yet.

Cherished Number Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Madejski and John Mould (the Reading FC chairman and a local transport boss) famously had a bidding war over "1 JM" (well, famous around here)... John Madejski ended up with it and paid well over the odds!!

EVERYONE in Aberdeen seems to have a personal plate... i felt left out last time i was there!!
    Last edited by da SLUG man; 27 January 2010, 17:21.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

When we lived in Reading in the 80's I regularly saw a Roller with UFO 2 on it - then it appeared on a battered Punto for a few weeks before moving onto a Bentley

Always wanted a UFO plate..I remember a twin engined mk1 golf with A16 UFO, loved that car..

Comment

Saw this one last year on a Rover Coupe L4 YME. Very nice young lady driving it had moved the letters around so it looked like LAY ME.

How Rude!
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

When we got the truck imported, I selected * ** HMS from the cheapo DVLA list, since it was going on the company books. The truck is (well was before the scrape) signwritten - so the reg made sense. Does that excuse get me out of the t0sser brigade?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Thats the type of owner I was referring to earlier.
            I saw that, he's a friend, of a friend, of a friend. Never met him myself but fully agree with your comment!
            It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

i have mine on retention S111RLY cant put it on my surf as too old ..shame

Comment

Hi l keep getting stopped by medical people and Porche owners asking do l want to sell my plate " 924 DOC ", l have had on my Landcruiser for the last 12 or so years l keep saying to myself one of the days l will except the next good offer that was 10 years ago.

Regards Hilux-Bob.
                Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by rbaz View Post
                  Nah the bike commentator who knows what he is on about
                  He lived in the village about 3 miles from me , we often used to see him alot around town with that plate on a black merc . My older brother knows him quite well through his drag bike racing.

Comment

My first post on this forum, though I have been watching for about a year now.
                    Just wanted to say I had the pleasure of watching Sheen,King Kenny Robberts and the rest of that era of bike racers go at eachother quite a few times at Silverstone back in the late 70's early 80's when the GP was over 2 days. Back then the racing was brutal with loads of fairing bashing and leg kicking going on, and then on the way home we all thought we were Robberts or Sheen on our FS1-E's sticking the knee out and grounding the pedals,ha ha ha .
                    The strangest number plate I ever saw was 5R , just that, on a customised mk1 3 litre capri near Aylesbury.
                    No king of England is not king of France

Comment

Originally posted by 3 LIONS View Post
                      My first post on this forum, though I have been watching for about a year now.
                      Just wanted to say I had the pleasure of watching Sheen,King Kenny Robberts and the rest of that era of bike racers go at eachother quite a few times at Silverstone back in the late 70's early 80's when the GP was over 2 days. Back then the racing was brutal with loads of fairing bashing and leg kicking going on, and then on the way home we all thought we were Robberts or Sheen on our FS1-E's sticking the knee out and grounding the pedals,ha ha ha .
                      The strangest number plate I ever saw was 5R , just that, on a customised mk1 3 litre capri near Aylesbury.
                      I went on my FS1-E as well. I had a gold one. bigger rear tyre and front sprocket.
                      I remember when the filth used to stop us and make us 'pedal' them to prove they were mopeds.
                      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I was looking at Barry Sheene's 1977(?) championship winning bike last year (it's in the Motorsport museum @ Donnington).

I am used to seeing mates with R1's, Jixxers and the like - compared to them Barry's looks almost Victorian. Amazed at how much framework there is, and how things have moved on. Mention Carbon fibre back then, they would have thought you were talking about coal dust.

You'd never think it was a race bike, you'd expect it to be pedalled by some teenager trying to pass his test! 180 on one of those? Rather him than me.
                        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

I have had a pre 1963 dateless registration number for 15 years and think it's a nice bit of fun which I will keep until I stop driving, it's not worth lots of money or anything like that.

508 GXR

EDIT when the Ferrari 508 GXR is released I'm going to be minted
                          Last edited by 24Seven; 29 January 2010, 19:51.
                          I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                            I went on my FS1-E as well. I had a gold one. bigger rear tyre and front sprocket.
                            I remember when the filth used to stop us and make us 'pedal' them to prove they were mopeds.
                            Yes I remember those mad moped days,when you actualy had to pedal the things you looked like John Wayne as the pedals were so far apart.Mine too was gold, you could only get gold and purple, then they came out with the disc brake version that was lemon yellow.
                            I think that riding a moped helped me a lot with gaining road sense and set me up for my RD 350, it was like caveman to Bill Gates in the turn of a key.
                            I put a set of Devil expansion pipes on it,it was so loud when I went to work in the mornings I had to push it down the road a bit and then fire it up,so not to upset the street. What a lot of fun it was though.lol.
                            No king of England is not king of France

Comment

And back on topic...

I chuckled at W33 NOB on a TVR today.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

There's a LC80 I drive past on the way to work with B1 GTD which seems apt..

Comment

Working...
                                X