yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you pay for a bit of decorating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you pay for a bit of decorating?

the old bird over the road wants me to do a bit of decorating, but what's the rate for odd jobs these days?

it's just a few cracks to pollyfilla and the paint the lounge and hallway...

I'm not in anyway a decorator!!... but any monkey can paint a wall!!

she's buying paint etc. but she asked how much to do the work?... is £50 a day too much for a favour??... it's probably 2 days work, so i thought a weekend or 2 sundays £100 would be a nice bit of cash in pocket...
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

cheaper than getting a pro in to do it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

as long as you do at least 8 hour days i'd agree... £50 is a fair price...professional painter decorators charge £10-15 p/hour

Comment

That sounds like a fair price. It's not the painting that takes the work, it's all in the prep. That's what takes the time but does make for a good job. Done quite a bit of my own & my Dad's a general builder so pretty much grown up with all that.
        It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

that's ok then... i just didn't wanna say £50 and she was expecting a favour to cost £20 for the whole job...

i'll probably end up doing it for nothing anyway!... d'oh!... i'll never be rich!!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post

i'll probably end up doing it for nothing anyway!... d'oh!... i'll never be rich!!
            Are you going to 'come to some sort of arrangement'?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
              Are you going to 'come to some sort of arrangement'?
              PMSL, I'd say she must have some standards....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

When you say 'old bird'
                Is that a 'fit old bird'?
                Or is it to close?
                Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                  When you say 'old bird'
                  Is that a 'fit old bird'?
                  Or is it to close?
                  fit daughter!!... but not a fit old bird... she's a psychology teacher too, so she's a bit nutty!!

Comment

fit daughter!!... but not a fit old bird... she's a psychology teacher too, so she's a bit nutty!!
                    More than a 6 pinter then?
                    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                      More than a 6 pinter then?
                      to be honest, it wouldn't be the worst i've ever done!!... by quite a long shot!

Comment

the old bird over the road wants me to do a bit of decorating, but what's the rate for odd jobs these days?

it's just a few cracks to pollyfilla and the paint the lounge and hallway...

I'm not in anyway a decorator!!... but any monkey can paint a wall!!

she's buying paint etc. but she asked how much to do the work?... is £50 a day too much for a favour??... it's probably 2 days work, so i thought a weekend or 2 sundays £100 would be a nice bit of cash in pocket...
                        Once you done that, we have a large front room that requires a re-fresh. It's too much to do it on me own, and we have shag pile baige carpet. I would pay more than a bulls eye. And there would be Tea involved
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

We have a professional painter & decorator doing our front bedroom just now.

I stripped the old paper, fitted new skirtings and prepped the walls.

He's papering 4 walls and the ceiling, emulsioning 3 walls and the ceiling and doing the glossing. £150 for 2 and a half days work.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            We have a professional painter & decorator doing our front bedroom just now.

I stripped the old paper, fitted new skirtings and prepped the walls.

He's papering 4 walls and the ceiling, emulsioning 3 walls and the ceiling and doing the glossing. £150 for 2 and a half days work.
                            Even though you did all the prep work thats a good price for a pro.
                            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I'm just working on re-decorating my bedroom & the front room at the mo. Can't be bothered with papering again. Just gonna strip the walls, line em & paint.
                              It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Working...
                              X