Water Pump. Now I'm Confused!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump. Now I'm Confused!

I've been pricing up various bits and pieces for when I get the timing belt changed. Naturally I'm going for the genuine timing belt, but I also intend to change the water pump while I'm on.

There's a squealing noise coming from somewhere and although it's intermittent I'm not taking a chance with the water pump bearing, (I know the squeal can come from other sources, but a knackered water pump is the most frightening, considering the Surfs dislike to overheating!)

Anyhoo I digress, I've priced up pumps from Roughtrax and from Ebay. The price varies from over £95.00 for a roughtrax one to between £43 to £50 on Ebay. I know you only get what you pay for but Roughtrax don't say theirs is a genuine part anyway.

Would those in the know cast their eye over the list below and give me their valued advice please?

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=164&vid=548

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...item58853d075f

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-2...item4148d5ef18

Cheers!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

I had one of those pumps off izura it lasted about 2 years so not again. on critical things like water pumps cam belts or anything that could do alot of damage if it fails I pay more for the confidence that it will last and go for quality.

Comment

Roughtrax pump in your link is £75, for that money I would go with them personally.

Comment

if the water pump's driven by the cam belt then, if it seizes, the cambelt will snap too.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

on the 2nd gens the water pump is run from the fan belts so he should be ok
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Osborne View Post
            Roughtrax pump in your link is £75, for that money I would go with them personally.
            Plus V.A.T. @17.5% plus postage @£6.99 + V.A.T. giving a grand total of £96.35p.

Comment

Out of those three, I'd go with Roughtrax for the piece of mind mate, have done a quick search on here and can't find anyone saying a bad word about them.
              Neal

Comment

The milners one is made by FAL if that's any help. (pretty sure I've had stuff by them before and they've been fine.)

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                  Out of those three, I'd go with Roughtrax for the piece of mind mate, have done a quick search on here and can't find anyone saying a bad word about them.
                  Always bought from Roughtrax in the past and I've yet to fault them.

No harm in asking though regarding other sources.

Roughtrax are very good, but cheap they ain't!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post

As they say Jim better the devil you know than the devil you don't.I would go for roughtrax myself.They may be a bit more expensive but the quality is there tho
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post

Sorry mate, wasn't clear, I mean't I ran a search on Roughtrax's water pumps not roughtrax themselves, do agree though, the quality is spot on as most of my stuff has come from them but they're not the cheapest.
                      Neal

Comment

I got the toyota one a while back...... think it was about 100 euro's and was a bit different from the old one....dont know if it works better or not...truck goes so seems to be working .
                        it came with the other housing that bolts into the engine but couldnt be bothered dismantling that bit as i was a bit tight for time.
                        The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Working...
                        X