Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaking and knocking

Hello everyone.

Surf going back to the garage tomorrow, for jobs, see post,, Back to the Garage,, cant get solenoid parts untill Thursday, so looks like a long wait.

Found another problem today, When braking it seemed to shake and shudder at the front end, and can hear it knocking. only seemed to do it when braking at speed on the moterway.
    Any Ideas??
    Will get them to check it out tomorow.
    Cheers Kevin.
    Last edited by bear; 6 June 2004, 23:24.
    95, SSRX, TD, AUTO,

Brakes

Hi you might have a "CRACKED DISC" had simliar problem on my "Merc"
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

Either that or warped dics (rotors)

Rich.
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

yeah warped disks I had that problem, either skim them or new ones

Comment

Brakes

Hi warped disc,s would not knock, a cracked one would be catching a brakepad each time it came round.
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

Hello. Thanks everyone for your help.
            The garage said its probably brake judder, and the discs will need skimming.
            Surf should be in all week, so will have to wait and see.
            Thanks again, learning loads from this great site.
            Cheers Kevin.
            95, SSRX, TD, AUTO,

Comment

Skimming

skimmimg blimy a set of discs are only about 30 something quid from milners i had to change mine a while ago i think for the cost id rather put new ones on m8
              black n tan
              black n tan
              yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

sly, mine are warped as well, just been trying to ignore it but it's got worse. How long did it take you and is it an easy job?

Comment

doddle

yea mate took less than an hour lack up front take off wheels undo and take off calipers just swing them out of the way and ya discs just pull off put new ones on calipers back wheels on no more wobble job done under an hour m8
                  black n tan
                  black n tan
                  yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Dont forget to push the pots back into the calipers your new disc's will be thicker than your old

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
                      yea mate took less than an hour lack up front take off wheels undo and take off calipers just swing them out of the way and ya discs just pull off put new ones on calipers back wheels on no more wobble job done under an hour m8
                      That's wot i like to hear - doddle !
                      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
                        Got surf back today, it has to go to a different Garage on Monday to get the discs skimmed while they are still on the car.
                        mechanic says for him to change them it will take him 4 HOURS, to change discs,
                        Are 2 gens, different to thirds, tried to tell him that it should take an hour or so,
                        Anyway will get them skimmed on Monday.
                        Cheers Kevin.
                        95, SSRX, TD, AUTO,

Comment

Originally posted by bear
                          Got surf back today, it has to go to a different Garage on Monday to get the discs skimmed while they are still on the car.
                          mechanic says for him to change them it will take him 4 HOURS, to change discs,
                          Are 2 gens, different to thirds, tried to tell him that it should take an hour or so,
                          Anyway will get them skimmed on Monday.
                          Cheers Kevin.
                          Its no doubt taking 4 hours because they're going to skim them on the car, but why they're doing that I don't know, as slydog has pointed out they're not expensive and easy to change. Far more cost effective to simply replace them.
                          Maurice
                          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                            Its no doubt taking 4 hours because they're going to skim them on the car, but why they're doing that I don't know, as slydog has pointed out they're not expensive and easy to change. Far more cost effective to simply replace them.
                            Hello Again, He actually says it will take him 4 hours to replace them,

The garage it is going to has a specilist machine that skimms them still on the car, taking so they say 9 minuets each side.
                            Cheers Kevin
                            95, SSRX, TD, AUTO,

Comment

Working...
                            X