Cold on Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold on Hot

Does anyone know why my heater would blow cool air out of the windscreen vents when it is blowing warm air out of all other vents ?, Paul

I put a bottle of antifreeze in it a couple of days ago but i don't think it's that, what do you think guys?

Also Heater is not getting hot enough, could i maybe need a new thermostat?
    Last edited by Paul G; 25 January 2010, 00:39.

When was the last time it had a complete coolant flush?
    Blocked heater matrix maybe?
    Is the switch gear working properly when you press the buttons to change where the air comes from?
    Neal

Comment

When I had that in my old Landy I took it straight to my local garage as I was paranoid after the head gasket went on me big time in the summer. I'd already spent £500 getting that repaired. Turned out I had a leak & no water left in the engine, but it didn't show when i checked the reservoir due to an airlock. Apparenlty all due to a crumbling engine block. On a ten year old motor?! Hence I traded it in for my current Hilux.
      It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
        When was the last time it had a complete coolant flush?
        Blocked heater matrix maybe?
        Is the switch gear working properly when you press the buttons to change where the air comes from?
        Hi, it hasn't had a flush since I have owned it, I have had it 11month, heater direction on mine is sliders, I did have to oil the cable on the temp control but that is moving ok now

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Instigator View Post
          When I had that in my old Landy I took it straight to my local garage as I was paranoid after the head gasket went on me big time in the summer. I'd already spent £500 getting that repaired. Turned out I had a leak & no water left in the engine, but it didn't show when i checked the reservoir due to an airlock. Apparenlty all due to a crumbling engine block. On a ten year old motor?! Hence I traded it in for my current Hilux.
          Hi, coolant circulation seems to be flowing fine, it was one of the first things i checked as i thought it might of been the water pump

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
            Does anyone know why my heater would blow cool air out of the windscreen vents when it is blowing warm air out of all other vents ?, Paul

I put a bottle of antifreeze in it a couple of days ago but i don't think it's that, what do you think guys?

Also Heater is not getting hot enough, could i maybe need a new thermostat?
            Are you saying that the same volume of air is coming from ALL your vents feet, dash and windscreen?
            Also, if you have it on hot coming through say the dash, is it only a small amount of cold air coming through to the windscreen?

On the heat side of things, I noticed a big difference in how hot it got after I did a coolant flush, I now leave my heater on two notches up from the blue bars now as any hotter and I'm roasting (once the engine is up to temp of course).
            Would advise you do the coolant anyway though if you don't know when it was last done.
            No doubt someone in the know will be along with some suggestions as well.
            Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
              Are you saying that the same volume of air is coming from ALL your vents feet, dash and windscreen?
              Also, if you have it on hot coming through say the dash, is it only a small amount of cold air coming through to the windscreen?

On the heat side of things, I noticed a big difference in how hot it got after I did a coolant flush, I now leave my heater on two notches up from the blue bars now as any hotter and I'm roasting (once the engine is up to temp of course).
              Would advise you do the coolant anyway though if you don't know when it was last done.
              No doubt someone in the know will be along with some suggestions as well.
              Yes it is just a small amount of cold air coming from windscreen vents, but feet and face vents are warm, Paul

Comment

Working...
              X