Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    There is evidence for Global Cooling.
    What about the (alleged) evidence for global warming? Or do they just trundle out whatever one fits at any particular time?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      What about the (alleged) evidence for global warming? Or do they just trundle out whatever one fits at any particular time?
      They trundle out whichever one fits at the time. You know this!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by _cj_ View Post
        by the way - if anybody studies the recent soho photos - wtf are the spheres that seem to be orbiting the sun just iniside the corona ?

regards,

alex
        Apparently, NASA recons it’s an excessive amount of gas coming from the UK’s Salisbury Plain area, the Earth is expelling it but there’s too much for the sun to cope with so it’s in a holding pattern waiting to be incinerated .
        Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
          Apparently, NASA recons it’s an excessive amount of gas coming from the UK’s Salisbury Plain area, the Earth is expelling it but there’s too much for the sun to cope with so it’s in a holding pattern waiting to be incinerated .
          i asked nasa - and they denied all knowledge

seriously though - look at the the photos

Comment

course the sun is not to blame we never flaming have any, idiots
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

i asked nasa - and they denied all knowledge

seriously though - look at the the photos
              Do you have photos of these great balls of fire?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Do you have photos of these great balls of fire?
                all up on the website

this was the reply i got from nasa

I believe the features that you're talking about are cosmic ray hits on the detector. In the STEREO EUVI images, these generally appear as small star-like features, and do not persist between images. In the initial space weather images, these features are often distorted by the extreme compression applied to the images to allow them to be brought down in the low rate beacon telemetry stream. The initial images are replaced after a few days by the full resolution versions, where one can get a better sense of what the features actually look like.

sounds like bolox to me - these objects clearly look spherical - but what tf do i know i'm just a humble plumber

Comment

i dont know how to embed stuff but this is the info if you want it

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5r8OrAJFpyM&rel=0&color1=0xb1b 1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&f eature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5r8OrAJFpyM&rel=0&color1=0xb1b 1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&f eature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

otherwise just look at soho

regard,

alex

Comment

Ok, firstly at what appears to be only a few miles or hundred miles above the sun, remember you are looking not at visible light but whatever filter they have over there. At that point, the temperature there will be immense. But, they are not just "spots" due to image compression. They could be spots on equipment - i.e. faulty equipment, BUT then I would expect them to be consistently in the same place on every photo, not appearing to be orbiting around the sun.

I found the forum post, where they link to NASA website, and NASA have already began removing images. I have saved the biggest / best one for myself and uploaded it here for people that couldnt find it.
                    Thanks for the video, this is also here http://www.youtube.com/v/5r8OrAJFpyM&rel=0
                    Dont worry about embedding, just copy / paste the youtube URL

Nice find. I wonder what Apache's view on this is.
                    Attached Files
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

PS that's a lovely sun spot going on right there. Hopefully the weather should pick up soon.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

but what tf do i know i'm just a humble plumber
                        Think you answered your own question.

NASA with all that equipment and science that very few laymen properly understand, or... a plumber who's spotted some UFOs. Sorry mate, no offence, but... well....
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Nice find. I wonder what Apache's view on this is.
                          Dunno really, but I imagine that as you correctly surmised, its not necessarily visible light imagery, and its almost certainly not comprised of analogue data. I'd imagine there is a lot of error correction going on, a lot of interpolation, a lot of image artifacts (depending on what band they are imaging in, if indeed it is even light and not radio or Xray)

But then, they could be secret micro-planets, or heat proof UFOs

Comment

probably the same as the "Orbs" on most haunted!!... i get the same when dust gets caught in the camera flash!!
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                              probably the same as the "Orbs" on most haunted!!... i get the same when dust gets caught in the camera flash!!
                              Fine I'll wait for Derek Acorah's interpretation.

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                                Could well be. Lens flare isn't necessarily only a feature of visible light imagery. I used to work with IR and UV imagery, you get some VERY strange transmission effects with UV!

Comment

Working...
                                X