ups and downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ups and downs

I have just taken my truck for its MOT and told the mechanic to do the test first and if that doesn't cost too much then do the tracking and install the new heater matrix that I had bought. Its been a cold winter.

Ups. Truck flew through MOT, just needed an exhaust bracket WooHoo.

Downs. To fit the heater matrix was more difficult. expecting to pick the truck up at the end of the day I arrived to find that all that was in the car was the seats, steering wheel and column. Every part of the dash had been stripped out to get to to fixings at the top of the housing/heat control unit. there was just a steel brace across the car with a mass of wires, pipes and tubes hanging aroud. To make things worse the previous owners had done several dodgy wiring jobs on the car and my mechanic had to spend the best part of half a day with wiring diagrams to figure out what was going on.
    It took a day and a half to get the new matrix and housing fitted. He said he could have fitted a gearbox to it faster. I said if I had have know what was involved I wouldnt have bothered, considering what the vehicle is worth.

Ups. Final bill for the MOT, additional parts and labour came to £380 but he only charged me £200 coz he's a very nice man but did ask if I could bring him a job that he could make money on some time. I gave him a similar nightmare job this time last year that went on for two week and he had to charge me half price on labour just so I could afford it. So it worked out Ok in the end cos I had enough money left to buy mi self a new i-clone (phone), same as an i-fone but a third of the price.
    In space no one can hear you scream

Originally posted by Nostromo View Post
    So it worked out Ok in the end cos I had enough money left to buy mi self a new i-clone (phone), same as an i-fone but a third of the price.
    What's an i-fone?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Its a chav version an iPhone.

Good news on the truck, the matrix is a labour intensive job, lots of one's i've done have been hampered by crappy added wiring that takes ages to disconnect and sort out.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Heater matrix is not a job I would want to do
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto View Post
          Heater matrix is not a job I would want to do
          yeah, i remember....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Wouldnt bother changing another, Its not normally cold enough in this country to bother me. It works very well now though.

i9+ phone, Copy of i-phone with all same apps, wifi 802.11, does all the same stuff and costs loads less. Why anyone would pay £300-£400 quid for a phone I have no idea. It will only be obsolete in a year or two. Bet I only end up using mine for calls and texts anyway and I try to avoid texting cos it bores the hell out of me.
            In space no one can hear you scream

Comment

Working...
            X