Trailer - stopping it getting nicked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer - stopping it getting nicked!

Been looking for a trailer for collecting veg etc. and put an ask on Freecycle last week and much to my surprise am collecting one FOC tomorrow AM. Sounds usable form talking to the guy.

I can't stick in on a drive or garage so need to make sure its not nicked. Best I have come up with so far is to get a good quality chain or cable and D-Lock and lock it to the nearest lampost.

Any other ideas? The local travelling folk have a habit of making things disappear.

If you can lock it to a drain that may work. Lamp post seems the best idea or get a clamp for it. I used to have a clamp that I took off my car when someone put it on my car. Binned it though :/
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Pikeys will have bolt cutters though, they get given a pair at birth.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Pikeys will have bolt cutters though, they get given a pair at birth.
        Hence my concern. Some have them instead of fingers.

Comment

Pikeys stole a caravan from me, it had a tow hitch lock and 2 wheel clamps, all I found was bent and cut metal the next morning. They took it from just outside my bedroom window.The dogs did'nt even hear them.
          If they want it they WILL take it.
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

If you can't keep it off road at night, you're in for a whole heap of grief. It's got to be lit at night if it's in the street too. The local kids kept nicking mine and playing on or in it. I eventually had to get rid of it.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hi guys,

http://www.western-towing.co.uk/acat...ing_Heads.html

I have one on my transporter, never had any probs.

Hope this helps.

Gman.
              Last edited by GRASSMAN; 22 January 2010, 22:41.
              If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

If someone wants to nick something bad enogh then the will find a way but a wheel clamp worked very well for me when I had a trailer.
                In space no one can hear you scream

Comment

shit on the tow hitch bit, they wont go near it then

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                    Been looking for a trailer for collecting veg etc. and put an ask on Freecycle last week and much to my surprise am collecting one FOC tomorrow AM. Sounds usable form talking to the guy.

I can't stick in on a drive or garage so need to make sure its not nicked. Best I have come up with so far is to get a good quality chain or cable and D-Lock and lock it to the nearest lampost.

Any other ideas? The local travelling folk have a habit of making things disappear.
                    Move to my part of Surrey, a farnham pikey came into the drive the other day to point out I had left my car door open and my wallet on the seat...better class of pikey here ;-p
                    Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                      Move to my part of Surrey, a farnham pikey came into the drive the other day to point out I had left my car door open and my wallet on the seat...better class of pikey here ;-p
                      That was just so he could case out the rest of your gaff .
                      Neal

Comment

take the tow hitch and wheels off and put it under a tarpaulin that makes a noise when you move it... if it's gonna get nicked, it will go, but the opportunist won't bother if they can't take it straight away.

we were advised by police that thieves would not put something on to nick an item... that night we got all our disconnected batteries stolen!!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Cheers all
                          well picked up the trailer on saturday- its a bit rough and ready but nothing that a swift removal of moss and replacement of a tailgate won't fix.

In terms of keeping it safe I put notes through all my neighbours doors and one of them has rented me theirs for £40 a month (which is a damn site cheaper than they normally go for) So in goes the trailer (and all my other surf crap!) Woo Hoo!!

Comment

Working...
                          X