Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window tint film

Hi,

Anyone happen know what % tint the film on surf rear door windows is? My 3rd Gen need one window re-doing - it seems to come 15% to 75% tints. It looks pretty dark to me. I wondered if anyone else has redone there window and what they used?

Cheers,

Paul

i always thought it was in the laminate?... learn something new every day!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Some maybe - mines definitely film, a bit has torn and come away

Comment

Originally posted by paulc View Post
        Some maybe - mines definitely film, a bit has torn and come away
        saying that... I miss read it... the rear door i don't think comes standard with a tint... the rear side windows are tinted as standard
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Yes, sorry - I meant the rear passenger door side windows.

Comment

Paul why dont you just go to your local window tinters? They'll probably be able to tell in a shot. Worth a try?

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
              Paul why dont you just go to your local window tinters? They'll probably be able to tell in a shot. Worth a try?
              I would get them to fit it too if you haven't used it before nightmare to get right especially on a heated window.
              I did my 806 I got the sides OK eventually but couldn't get the back right due to the curve and heated element.

Comment

Originally posted by rbaz View Post
                I would get them to fit it too if you haven't used it before nightmare to get right especially on a heated window.
                I did my 806 I got the sides OK eventually but couldn't get the back right due to the curve and heated element.
                I though tinting the back window of car was illegal?

Comment

the windscreen is illegal to tint and the front doors are only allowed a light tint on them
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Am in France anyway but as I understand it the front windscreen and side windows have to let a certain amount through the rest can be anything.
                    (I cant see out the back anyway full of my work gear)

Comment

this might help http://tinyurl.com/yhzbc4v

Comment

Missus just done the ones on mine with light and dark smoke... fair bit of swearing for the first one then the rest went on fine but the back one is proving a bit troublesome....

Over here anyway the legal is up to the front windows anything but the fronts need to be clear as well as the windscreen and its got to be factory tinted windows i.e no film .........havent had any hassle though touch wood.

She got the stuff from this place http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=360177027742 good fast service and finally a good demo vid for doing it.

Hope this helps
                        The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Thanks guys - just need to replace one rear passenger door window film - yes might try and find a local firm...

Comment

Originally posted by paulc View Post
                            Thanks guys - just need to replace one rear passenger door window film - yes might try and find a local firm...
                            Paul there is a place in Hemel that does tinting Can't rebember the name atmo it's in bury road (opposite Hemel College) just of Leighton Buzzard road..
                            Good Luck

There's always a Payback ..Ya just don't know where n ya never know when !!
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                              Paul there is a place in Hemel that does tinting Can't rebember the name atmo it's in bury road (opposite Hemel College) just of Leighton Buzzard road..
                              Good Luck

There's always a Payback ..Ya just don't know where n ya never know when !!
                              Does anyne know approximatly how much it cost to have the back of the car done i.e. all except front doors and windowscreen, my nissan could do with it to protect the boot and kids.
                              Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X