Brake Horse Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Horse Power

As caravan season is looming, and i want the truck in tiptop towing condition, does anyone know of anywhere in Wales, (pref south) where i can get the BHP tested. Ill also be in Bideford (near Weymouth) for Easter if theres somewhere down there.
    Although shes driving pretty well , im sure im not getting the full guts out of her when towing. Done all the usuall, oil,fuel,trany fluid changes.
    BTW what should a K reg 2.4auto BHP be. And should i expect a decrease anyway due to its age.
    Thanks
    nigel
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

According to the spec sheet on Roughtrax's web page it's 97bhp @ 3800rpm for the 2-LT engine.

I'm not aware of anywhere to test the horse power (I'm assuming that's a rolling road job) near Weymouth.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by nigel129 View Post
      As caravan season is looming, and i want the truck in tiptop towing condition, does anyone know of anywhere in Wales, (pref south) where i can get the BHP tested. Ill also be in Bideford (near Weymouth) for Easter if theres somewhere down there.
      Although shes driving pretty well , im sure im not getting the full guts out of her when towing. Done all the usuall, oil,fuel,trany fluid changes.
      BTW what should a K reg 2.4auto BHP be. And should i expect a decrease anyway due to its age.
      Thanks
      nigel
      For what it will cost to test your truck on a rolling road, you could buy and fit an intercooler and seperate transmission cooler, two things necessary on a 2.4 for towing IMO.

Comment

Also, if you are going to Bideford and end up in Weymouth you should bin your SatNav, they are about 100miles apart!!
        I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
          Also, if you are going to Bideford and end up in Weymouth you should bin your SatNav, they are about 100miles apart!!
          on a small screen they just look close!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            For what it will cost to test your truck on a rolling road, you could buy and fit an intercooler and seperate transmission cooler, two things necessary on a 2.4 for towing IMO.
            Sounds loke a lot of work that Bush,, how much could it cost to spin it on a set of rollers and read a screen ??? Dam garages making a fortune again. You could give me some rough figures for what you suggested though , if youve got time.

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
              Wasnt sure if everyone would know where Bideford is, so as Weymouth is the next biggest blob on the map, i mentioned that. Though if the wife wanted somthing, 100 miles would be no obstackle to her shopping cravings
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                on a small screen they just look close!
                There even closer on a Little Chef Map

Comment

If the BHP is down, which it almost certainly will be, what are you gonna do about it?

Maybe a good service and some new / cleaned injectors will give you some of that back without the rolling road telling you what you already figure?

The tranny cooler is a great mod to do for towing. Keeps coolant temperatures in check. Have a search on that one. Its not difficult or expensive.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

apache said what i was going to say, I wouldn't bother, you'll only be disappointed, a K reg truck isn't going be getting near the new HP figure.

If its running fine, regually serviced, getting reasonable MPG and not making smoke under normal driving its probably ok, if not save your money for some recon injectors, 70-100k miles is their average lifespan and most i've fitted make a noticable difference to trucks.

A compression test and a bottle of redex is more useful that a rolling road
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Might get some new injectors for mine. Around 110k miles now so they're probably not at their best, and mpg isn't what it used to be either.

Any recommendations for where to get em?
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Might get some new injectors for mine. Around 110k miles now so they're probably not at their best, and mpg isn't what it used to be either.

Any recommendations for where to get em?
                        Diesel Bob without a doubt.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                          Diesel Bob without a doubt.
                          Andy doesn't get along with Bob.

(bobbox?)

Comment

But will Bob know that Mr A Bloke from Malvern is better known as Apache ???

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

But will Bob know that Mr A Bloke from Malvern is better known as Apache ???

He might read this forum looking for potential customers..

Comment

Working...
                              X