Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY snorkel; cool or crap?

Right lads i want your opinions please.
    Home made snorkels? Do you think they look rubbish or do you like the look of them?
    Thinking about making one as they are ridiculously expensive to buy.
    Anybody got a 3rd gen with a DIY snorkel?

i am gonna keep mine but tidy it up, gonna get a safari snorkel top, i have an induction cone under bonnet at the moment but i will be getting one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Universal-Carbon-...#ht_1513wt_939

can still have snorkel and have filter win win situation....

Comment

Some look OK, some look hideous. The fixings and tops often let them down.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
        i am gonna keep mine but tidy it up, gonna get a safari snorkel top, i have an induction cone under bonnet at the moment but i will be getting one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Universal-Carbon-...#ht_1513wt_939

can still have snorkel and have filter win win situation....
        Did you build it yourself Rob?
        I dont want to have something that looks sh!te when im finished. A 3rd gen with a DIY snorkel might look sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Some look OK, some look hideous. The fixings and tops often let them down.
          Yeah but the thing is once i start drilling a large hole in the side of my surf its kind of; well now ya gotta stick with it. And although she's far from spotless i dont want her to look like theres a drain pipe growing out of the bonnet.

Comment

Personally, I'd buy one. I wouldn't trust myself to cut a weird shaped hole in the wing of my truck.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

mine came with a diy one fitted.
              i think its ok looking but store bought ones do look better.

Comment

Problem is for me to buy a snorkel + postage & then get it fitted, your talking about maybe 300 quid?

No can do.

Comment

i feel like replacing mine with something chrome so it looks like and exhaust.
                  id prefer to buy a new wing though so i can relocate the exit wound.

if you want one now and cant afford to buy then make your own.
                  its damn easy and cheap as long as your handy with the power tools of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    Personally, I'd buy one. I wouldn't trust myself to cut a weird shaped hole in the wing of my truck.
                    Try my technique. Try to make your own, mess it up soo badly that you've got a silly great hole in the side of your truck. Fill hole with fibre glass, filler and paint (still got some paint shop paint left over from the bumpers). Then order a safari snorkel which also covers the cover up job.

Yes you can see it if you get close.
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                      Try my technique. Try to make your own, mess it up soo badly that you've got a silly great hole in the side of your truck. Fill hole with fibre glass, filler and paint (still got some paint shop paint left over from the bumpers). Then order a safari snorkel which also covers the cover up job.

Yes you can see it if you get close.
                      so basically what your saying is; just buy a feckin snorkel.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
                        so basically what your saying is; just buy a feckin snorkel.
                        No it's good fun to mess up your truck with cutting tools. You'll have no fear after that, and follow a truck that towers over yours anywhere.
                        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

if it's functional then make one... if it's for looks, then buy one!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I like this one. Don't know anything about the truck though..
                            Attached Files

Comment

i could'nt justify £250 for a bought one so i made mine, took me and animal 2 hours to do and cost £30 looks good does it's job when i'm swimming across rivers lol
                              when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

Working...
                              X