Rear Wiper Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Wiper Wash

Hi all, is it common for the rear wiper wash to blockup. Yet again i can hear the pump but no water on the rear window. Could it be the pump is showing its age and although working, hasnt got the guts left to push water thru the jets.
    Tried to unblock jets with very thin wire, then a pressure wash, but still nothing. Looks like a dismantle the rear door again but how . if poss can i prevent or cure this dam annoying problem.
    thanks.
    nigel
    Last edited by nigel129; 17 January 2010, 07:14.
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

whats the weather like your way?? could it be frozen?
    I know rear jet sometimes stops when it's freezing - even though i use a high % of winter screen wash and the fronts are working.
    just a thought.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Hi Jakey,
      Nope its not frozen, just seems blocked, i too use about 40% screen wash and the front wipers didnt freeze at all. Its much much milder today so i dont know what the hell is causing it. Funny it started just after they started gritting, so that made me think that an accumilation of road grime was being pushed or flicked into the water jerts, but after trying to clean them, still no luck.
      thanks
      nigel

Comment

This mak be a stupid question but do you have plenty of screen wash in the tank? If not then the rear jet stops working before the front....

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc B View Post
          This mak be a stupid question but do you have plenty of screen wash in the tank? If not then the rear jet stops working before the front....

Just a thought.
          sorry to say Doc, YES it was a stupid question. No seriously, plenty of water,thanks

Comment

on the 3rd gen, the tube comes apart under the drivers door sill cover, check there's no water leaking out underneath the car.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
            X