Door lock problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door lock problem

Hi all, after a long time of not having a decent car, I've finally got hold of a nice 2nd gen which seems to have been neglected somwhat. I'll be the one picking up the pieces and fixing her back up to her former glory

the first problem I've come across is that I can't lock the doors from the outside! The central locking works on the button to all doors and tailgate but I'm having to leave it open for now untill I can future it out, should I be looking for something inparticular inside the door? Is there a control arm that connects to a switch. I've not ventured into the door yet as only picked it up 2 days ago.
    Any pointers would be much apreciated as don't like not being able to secure her up.

Thanks

does the key not fit any of the doors?
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Yeah the keys fir and the locks turn but the doors nether lock or unlock. Same withe the tailgate, key fits but doesn't drop window or unlock.

Allthe doors lock and unlock with the button on the drivers door and window drops on the tail withe the centre console button. Still wondering if there is a micro switch on the barrel or something. Forgive my ignorance but last surf was a 3rd gen so this is my first 2nd gen.

Thankyou

Comment

There is a small black box under the passenger seat from memory that has some thing to do with the central locking, but not sure to be honest. If the key dosn't work i would open the drivers door card and investigate further as it's very close to the switch you say that works?? Good luck i'am sure some one else might be able to help you a bit more
        www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

i've done a temporary work round, seems that the barrels are incorrect for the car! that's what you get when you buy an EbAy motor i guess.

I've installed a remote central locking system which has piggy backed the factory system so all good at the mo. need some nice weather to carry on the much needed TLC. thanks for the pointers guys. i did wonder what that box was for

Comment

Originally posted by solent_surfer View Post
            i've done a temporary work round, seems that the barrels are incorrect for the car! that's what you get when you buy an EbAy motor i guess.

I've installed a remote central locking system which has piggy backed the factory system so all good at the mo. need some nice weather to carry on the much needed TLC. thanks for the pointers guys. i did wonder what that box was for
            I got the barrels and key if you need them £30 delivered
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              I got the barrels and key if you need them £30 delivered
              Do you get keys and barrel from a locksmith?

Comment

Working...
              X