@ Wiggy and Slobodan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Wiggy and Slobodan

Hi guys, just out of interest, can you get Itv on your Skybox, if not i have found an alternative frequency, now get ITV perfect.
    www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
    Hi guys, just out of interest, can you get Itv on your Skybox, if not i have found an alternative frequency, now get ITV perfect.
    I can't get ITV, never have. I still haven't sorted a card out yet.

Someone's been doing some digging then?
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Hi Slobodan, yep been digging, if you switch on your sky box, press sevices button, option 4 add channels, you will see the frequency come up, change this to 12402, V, fec 2/3 27.5 this will give you itv without a sky card, broadcast from Astra 2a, widebeam, if you look at this site, it explains it better,http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/extr...annels_sky.php
      Then once done, press services other channels, and of you go, ITV with no interuptions. keep that site as it updates frequently, also keep this one, again all secret frequencys,http://www.wildsat.com/astra.htm, have fun.

Comment

Hi ya Greecy it's the Mrs, thanks for that will give it a try. Just got channel 4 back after a year and a half by upgrading to a Sky+HD box! At the mo we don't have ITV, BBC or the desperately wanted Playhouse Disney....been trying to find freq for all of them! We normally use 12207 or 12050 for ours. Anyway going to try this now...fingers crossed! Thanks again!

PS-Had a few kinks with the HD box but the other one will be free at the end of the month if you still want it? Not sure if it will need paired with your card or not though? Swap ya some Greek tipple for it if ya want? Grappa ain't up to much..lol!
        The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Hi ya, will still have as a spare, you get alternate frequencies for five fiver five usa and 4, plus more 4 e4 film 4 etc, and they work, only thing is you have to view them through other channels, but graet picture and sound with no loss of picture, sure i can find a very good ouzo somewhere.

Comment

I haven't tried it yet, I'll wait until everyone's gone to sleep. 'cos if that means Coronation street then I might tune in ITV but not tell the rest of the family.

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
              Hi ya Greecy it's the Mrs, thanks for that will give it a try. Just got channel 4 back after a year and a half by upgrading to a Sky+HD box! At the mo we don't have ITV, BBC or the desperately wanted Playhouse Disney....been trying to find freq for all of them! We normally use 12207 or 12050 for ours. Anyway going to try this now...fingers crossed! Thanks again!

PS-Had a few kinks with the HD box but the other one will be free at the end of the month if you still want it? Not sure if it will need paired with your card or not though? Swap ya some Greek tipple for it if ya want? Grappa ain't up to much..lol!
              The itv and bbc channels should be easy enough to re-tune to but I doubt very much if you'll get the disney anywhere as it's a subscription channel on all the satelites i've tried so far!
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Mornin! Geecy sound like a plan... had tonnes of trouble wwith the HD box as it was paired to another card, but is getting sorted. As for the channels we have had quite a bit of trouble but dont know if its because we are running of Astra 2d (28.2 E) as its the only one we can get the 0002 stream with a signal lock (have 2 amps on the line too). Anyhow we get pretty much all the channels but will never get bbc as we are out of the spotbeam (think itv problem is with the box but get channel 4 hd) The disney problem i havent got a clue about as we subscibe to the channel but cant get it to come in even manually adding the channel.
                Anyone any ideas? and obviously contacting Sky is out of the question.......

Comment

Hi Wiggy, spent the last 3 weeks doing alot of research on this, and its basically down to the narrow footprint of Astra 2d, you will get the ITV and Five channels by going to the other channels menu on the Digibox and put in the new frequencys, this is because they are regional variations and there is no room on Astra 2D, so they are broadcast on Astra 2A, which gives a much wider footprint, for the Disney channel the best you could do is speak to your installer and get him to tune the dish to the disney frequency, you will lose some of the other channels doing this, but check the alternative frequencys and you should get some back.
                  What size dish do you run, this matters alot, i have a 1.75 ofset dish, which i will change at somepoint for a 2.4.
                  Receiver matters as well, the best receiver for fringe reception is a Pace 2600CI, these were not built to a price as all Sky Digiboxs are, and out performs HD boxes and all others. but not available in HD, as they are no longer made because they were to expensive, you can get one for about 50 quid, change the lnb to twin outputs, run a second cable and you will get channels on one you cannot get on the other. all trial and error.

Comment

I tried to get ITV using those frequency's but it was still asking for a card. I haven't got one sorted out yet.
                    I get the Disney channel on the domestic cable t.v. along with the Discovery channels (Animal planet etc.)
                    But it would be nice to get ITV and Channel 4 and 5.
                    I think I'll also go for a bigger dish just to be on the sure side.

Comment

Hi Slobodan, it should work with the blue card i left in the machine,turn it of wait thedn back on, wait for 5 to 10 seconds and then put the card in. you might have to do this a couple of times. Have found a supplier who will mate a card for me, so am buying a Pace 2600C1, and sending him the white card i bought of ebay, he will mate them through sky and post back, let me know if you want his details.

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
                        Mornin! Geecy sound like a plan... had tonnes of trouble wwith the HD box as it was paired to another card, but is getting sorted. As for the channels we have had quite a bit of trouble but dont know if its because we are running of Astra 2d (28.2 E) as its the only one we can get the 0002 stream with a signal lock (have 2 amps on the line too). Anyhow we get pretty much all the channels but will never get bbc as we are out of the spotbeam (think itv problem is with the box but get channel 4 hd) The disney problem i havent got a clue about as we subscibe to the channel but cant get it to come in even manually adding the channel.
                        Anyone any ideas? and obviously contacting Sky is out of the question.......
                        Hi Wiggy, the amps are a waste of time, they do nothing for signal strenght, only for if you cable run is over 40 meters long. take them of and you might get better signal quality, the amps are for long cable runs only, and 2 = 2 breaks in the cable losing signal quality.
                        Last edited by greecysurf; 17 January 2010, 12:26.

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                          Hi Wiggy, the amps are a waste of time, they do nothing for signal strenght, only for if you cable run is over 40 meters long. take them of and you might get better signal quality, the amps are for long cable runs only, and 2 = 2 breaks in the cable losing signal quality.
                          Hi think the dish is about 5ft with quad LNB and i had to ground mount it on the edge of the garden hence the amps on the line and yea you are right about the db losses for the connections but did my sums and am now getting full signal strength an nearly full quality (unfortunately im the installer but used to work with a lot of military satcom systems but its all the same principle).
                          Cant figure it out though as i get five and fiver usa channel 4hd etc all fine and have tried the disney freq but to no avail, actually a bit reluctant to mess with the dish as i was out for a day over Christmas messing with it and turned out it was the damn software on the box that was telling porkies and wouldnt register the beacon freq getting a new box brought over at the end of the month...thinking something is definately wrong with it.
                          Last edited by wiggy; 17 January 2010, 12:54.

Comment

Hi Wiggy, the frequency for play house disney is the same group as the bbc and itv, this is around the 10.882, fec 5/6 symbol rate of 22000. the best way to get the channel is someone with the proper meter to tune the dish more to the lower frequencys, the best size dish for your area is 2.4 m, Sky receivers hd and others are built to a price, so they do not use the best compoments, before you get the new hd box, look at the digitalspy forum, you will see on there what the best boxes are, so once you can get the bbc, you will then get playhouse disney, hope this helps,

Comment

Nope, can't get ITV

I'll try again later, but football is on now.

Can you let me have the details for the guy with the cards

Comment

Working...
                              X