Dags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dags

I gave my mate a lift today to pick up a dog, It was a Belgian shepherd type.
    I don't know much about dogs but the place he got it from was a training centre where they teach dogs to sniff out land mines. (the dog he got didn't make the grade)
    It was interesting to see some of the training these dogs go through. And the patience the human trainers have.
    On the way home the dog puked all over my seats... Which was nice.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

gotta love a dag

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
      I gave my mate a lift today to pick up a dog, It was a Belgian shepherd type.
      I don't know much about dogs but the place he got it from was a training centre where they teach dogs to sniff out land mines. (the dog he got didn't make the grade)
      It was interesting to see some of the training these dogs go through. And the patience the human trainers have.
      On the way home the dog puked all over my seats... Which was nice.
      If i could choose my career path again ,it would have to be a dog handler of some sort . Police , customs etc. I think it is so clever how these dogs react to certain smells and the training of them is brilliant !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugger View Post
        If i could choose my career path again ,it would have to be a dog handler of some sort . Police , customs etc. I think it is so clever how these dogs react to certain smells and the training of them is brilliant !!!
        The dogs i watched today were being taught how to walk in a straight line.
        I suppose that is quite important.

Comment

My mate was standing in a train station when a police dog came up to him, sniffed him, and sat down next to him.
          He was then promptly arrested for the bag of weed he had in his pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
            My mate was standing in a train station when a police dog came up to him, sniffed him, and sat down next to him.
            He was then promptly arrested for the bag of weed he had in his pocket.
            Yup, they go straight to it. French police at calais let a dog sniff around my car, and the dog went straight to the little bit I had in the centre console.
            They just confiscated it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugger View Post
              I felt the same, which is why I started Puppy Walking, the early training we give the dogs lays the foundation for the final skills. I also get to take the dogs with me everywhere I go. Up to now this year the dog has been to restraunts, theatre, hospital as well as the usual shops and shopping centres.

I just sorry I'm too old to serve the apprentiship to become a mobility trainer and see the training from start to finish
              www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Puppywalker View Post
                I felt the same, which is why I started Puppy Walking, the early training we give the dogs lays the foundation for the final skills. I also get to take the dogs with me everywhere I go. Up to now this year the dog has been to restraunts, theatre, hospital as well as the usual shops and shopping centres.

I just sorry I'm too old to serve the apprentiship to become a mobility trainer and see the training from start to finish
                I would love to do something along those lines aswell , unfortunatley i have a little jack russel with a massive attitude problem towards other animals especially rats !!.

Comment

Working...
                X