towbar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• towbar question

Hi all i've got a towbar fitted to my gen 2 and need it as i tow trailers and sometimes my caravan with the surf question is everytime i go offroading i break the sockets off, just wondering if anyone on here has come up with some funky way off fitting the sockets so they don't get damaged, any advise or pics would be appreciated.
    cheers all
    when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

the electrics on mine are mounted where the hole in the bumper is for the under slung spare mechanism
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

also some have mounted them in the storage box in the bk

Comment

depending on your towbar design - you could mount the sockets higher than the towbar itself. see picture
        Attached Files
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Or mount them on a plate you can quickly unbolt and stow up on the chassis leg.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
            depending on your towbar design - you could mount the sockets higher than the towbar itself. see picture
            damn thats a nice shiny surf

Comment

too shiny, needs mud.
              Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                too shiny, needs mud.
                nooooooo lolol

Comment

thanks for all the sugestions and ideas i'm going to have a mess with it at the weekend and see what i can do with them, cheers again
                  when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

I find this works.
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Only problem with tow bars offroad is they act like a plough, get caught up in the ruts.
                      I take mine off when going to the mud, 6 bolts and tie the electrics up out the way.
                      Alan

Comment

Working...
                      X