Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      Just fill with diesel it will be fine
      he did, put £40 of diesel in it ha ha

Comment

So it's gonna be ok then?

Comment

Sat in a fuel station after filling up bosses merc, I was driving.
          Boss went in to pay and came out and said " see that bloke over there, he's realy p****d off ".
          I said "why has he put petrol in his deisel tank".
          Boss "yes"
          Both laughed as i tried to pull away
          "s**t!!, so have I" says me.
          Took four hours to get someone to come out, drain it, put deisel in it.
          Missed meeting.

Next day, bloke at work makes a brew. Puts mine on mi desk. He had given me tea. "i drink coffee" says me. "could happen to anyone" says him.
          Word had got round
          In space no one can hear you scream

Comment

Originally posted by Nostromo View Post
            Sat in a fuel station after filling up bosses merc, I was driving.
            Boss went in to pay and came out and said " see that bloke over there, he's realy p****d off ".
            I said "why has he put petrol in his deisel tank".
            Boss "yes"
            Both laughed as i tried to pull away
            "s**t!!, so have I" says me.
            Took four hours to get someone to come out, drain it, put deisel in it.
            Missed meeting.

Next day, bloke at work makes a brew. Puts mine on mi desk. He had given me tea. "i drink coffee" says me. "could happen to anyone" says him.
            Word had got round
            its just a good job he did not start it as the tank was empty with the light on wen he put the petrol in ,o that wood of cost him ha ha

Comment

This doesn't fcuk the motor up then? The diesel dilutes it enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
                Petrol cad break down the fuel filter on some deisel engines but in the case of my bosses merc the car had done at least 10k since without any problem after a filter change.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                  its just a good job he did not start it as the tank was empty with the light on wen he put the petrol in ,o that wood of cost him ha ha
                  The tank was empty, I put 60 quids worth of unleaded in

Comment

it can,and that amount is borderline,depends on your view tho,if my boss had of done that,id want it drained,but most likely be ok,other way round is a big no no,always used to amuse me when ppl did this in middle of the night,i'd turn up,then they would complain about our company price to drain,i had one real classic tho,volvo v70 petrol,bloke put a tank of diesel in,we quoted him(at 3am),he thought we ripping him off,insisted we took it to volovo,so i did,dropped it off outside at 4am,i then got a call to recover it again at 8am from the dealer after they quoted him 2 grand to drain it,as volvo wanted to replace all fuel lines,remove and clean tank,flush engine etc

Comment

Haha, what's it cost on average to have it drained then?

Comment

Haha, what's it cost on average to have it drained then?
                        where i work charge is roughly 250 plus a pound for every litre out

Comment

Originally posted by darkdezigns View Post
                          where i work charge is roughly 250 plus a pound for every litre out
                          When I did it last April they wanted £260, I had it recover home pumped the unleaded in to the wifes car and two jerry cans I bought cost £22 pound, new filter and away it went and we still had the unleaded to run her car on as the tank got low
                          www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X