Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not sure why

ok long story ,

from cold my surf must hit 70 mph before it will kick into top gear after that it will kick in at about 55 mph or if i wait for about 15 mins ( warmed up ), so the last few weeks i have found it hard to get to 70 mph it would do 90 mph+ before but the last few weeks of poor roads has had me stuck in trafic most of the time .

i will check the atf and fit a long over due fuel fiter in the morning , but just wondered if anyone had any other suggestions .

Acceleration is not what it was but seems to have dropped over time and i have only just noticed it .

so any ideas then .

john

to add, no veg oil being used at this time
    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

If youve used veg oil in the past there will definitely be deposits in your fuel filter.Not sure its related to the shifting issue but change the fuel filter regardless.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

yer you may be right , as the cost of veg and deisel went up , my right leg got shorter

john

Comment

Is it not temperature related as well? Does the ATF or the jacket water not need to be up to running temps before the O/D will kick in at 55?

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

thats a good point , from work i am right on the motiorway but from home i have about 4 mile to the motorway , mmm looks like a new sat as well them .
          john

edit to add , even when hot , now i still struggle to get over 70

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ve+temperature

See post 2.

The struggle to get 70 is a different matter and may well be fuel related.

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

Mine used to refuse to shift up until I had got it properly hot, then would gradually cool down and shift back down again. It was right pain in the arse. Turned out the stat was missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ve+temperature

See post 2.

The struggle to get 70 is a different matter and may well be fuel related.

Bogus
                dammm looks like the bill may get bigger , still, had 3 years trouble free . i will check the atf and change the fuel filter in the morning and see how it is,then look for an ecu

john

Comment

right then , the atf is fine so i fitted a new fuel filtter and it seems to have fixed it , got more power now .
                  so thanks lads .
                  john

Comment

very common on jap autos will not go into overdrive till the engine has warmed up its a standard
                    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Working...
                    X