General Grabber UHP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Grabber UHP?

Need to put new tyres on the surf - was recommended General Grabber AT's, but few places seem to have them - Black Circle can do me 4 General Grabber UHP supplied, fitted, incl VAT and everything for £361.16 - but not sure if this is the right tyre to go for???

I'm not intending to off-road the surf, but do want it to be capable in the snow, and on green-lane type stuff..??

Originally posted by BigYin View Post
    Need to put new tyres on the surf - was recommended General Grabber AT's, but few places seem to have them - Black Circle can do me 4 General Grabber UHP supplied, fitted, incl VAT and everything for £361.16 - but not sure if this is the right tyre to go for???

I'm not intending to off-road the surf, but do want it to be capable in the snow, and on green-lane type stuff..??
    Those are more road biased tyres.
    General Grabber A/T2 is the type you'll need, faultless in the snow, quiet on the road and almost as good as a full on mud tyre off-road plus they last a very long time. Mine on my 2nd gen are three years old now with no sings of wear.
    I have them on both our Surfs.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...26b0s495p11258
    http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=229&vid=912
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 10 January 2010, 14:29.

Comment

They're both out of stock. I've emailed BlackCircle to see if they will have them in stock, and when..

Comment

grabber at2

hi lads
        according to the local tyre suppliers i use they cannot get at2 tyres for about two to three weeks as there is a shortage of supplies in this country, seems to be a popular tyre, been waiting for two for ten days now.
        15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

I'm in two minds - all the tyres need replaced as they are all either just under, or bang on the legal limit (1.6mm) - so I'm potentially looking at licence points if the rozzers do a check.... The Grabber UHP appeals on the grounds they are available and cheaper - BUT since I will have to live with them for at least 2 years, it's important I don't make an expensive mistake here!!!

Comment

What size are you after mate? Got my 33 x 12.5 x 15 GG AT2's from this guy on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/33-12-50-15-GE...item2304bb9212

He seems to have other sizes available as well.
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Would these fit on stock 2nd gen wheels? (265/70/15) the numbering system seems to be different to what is on my general grabber TR's

looked a bit harder and answered my own question.. soz

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=563&vid=1294

peace
              cal
              Last edited by Calos; 10 January 2010, 20:07.
              Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Black Circles explain it nicely enough :

http://www.blackcircles.com/public/order?view=standard

I need 265/70 16 tyres

265 is width

70 is the profile

16 is the tyre size

Comment

I've done a fair bit of offroad driving on General Grabber UHPs - they are very good tyres, I now have BFG 33s, but only because they came with the truck, but when it's time for new ones, then it's back to GGs - but they will be AT2s - we've just fitted these to my wife's 3rd gen, and they are superb.

You could try www.event-tyres.co.uk but I don't think they operate in Scotland yet.....
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                    I've done a fair bit of offroad driving on General Grabber UHPs - they are very good tyres, I now have BFG 33s, but only because they came with the truck, but when it's time for new ones, then it's back to GGs - but they will be AT2s - we've just fitted these to my wife's 3rd gen, and they are superb.

You could try www.event-tyres.co.uk but I don't think they operate in Scotland yet.....

I was just about to post a question on this very subject. I currently have UHP's -they are fantastic for my driving (entirely road with the odd muddy path or paddock -call it 99.995:0.005). I don't offroad (would be fun but it's my daily driver and I can't afford to break it), they're excellent value, brilliantly quiet on the motorway, good grip in the dry, wet, or cold. If I'm honest they've even been good in the snow and ice. Although I've probably had to hit the 4wd button sooner than those with more purposeful tires, I've yet to find a slope this winter that I couldn't manage without skipping a beat.

That said, my tread is starting to dwindle (still good, but I think I notice a slight difference in standing water) and my mind has turned to what choice as a replacement.

Common sense says replace like-for-like as I'm happy in all aspects with what I have. My heart however says the 'lux deserves something a bit more becoming it's image. The Grabber AT2s looks to be a cheap and chunky alternative, but I'm wondering if they're that much noisier at 60-70mph? Also how do they compare in heavy rain?

Comment

Black Circles explain it nicely enough :

http://www.blackcircles.com/public/order?view=standard

I need 265/70 16 tyres

265 is width

70 is the profile

16 is the tyre size
                      I was going to offer you the wheels and tyres on my breaker, but I didn't realise you had 16"s.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Dunno about green-laning with the UHP, but I love mine on the road, and they've been great in the snow (in 4wd). It seems that Roughtrax has them in stock at £74/tire with VAT. I just took wheels/tires (off the car) into my local National Tyre and paid £10/cash each to have the old tires off and the new ones on and balanced.

£361 does seem a nice price for drive in and out though.

Comment

Hmmmmmm....

BlackCirles reckon they will have the AT2's back in about 2 weeks or so... but can't give me a price yet...

Rough Trax have them on order, but don't know for certain when they'll arrive..

I can get the UHP tyres any time I want - and all the tyres need done soon before a rozzer checks them...

This afternoon I thought it best to wait for the tyres I want.

This evening I'm thinking I should get the UHP's as a few people have said they have them and they work very well for the kind of stuff I'm likely to put them through....

Comment

Just spoke to a local tyre place they told me grabber AT2s have been replaced with the newer ATs and are better and will supply and fit £380 is this info wrong??
                            GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

Sounds like bull to me - the price is far too low for an AT2 replacement AND there's no mention of the AT2 being replaced on GG's website ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                              X