Gunshop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunshop.

Funny old day. Went to Gunshop to buy some new wellies, £100 later got my boots. Thought I would enquire about Ammunition for my rifle, it so happens they are now selling ex Serbian Sniper Ammo for my .243 for £9.00 for 20, 105 grain what a bargain as I have been paying up to £30. Well off to Kynoch underground range at Lakenheath next week to see how they perform !

You gonna become a mechanic Dave? good money in "wet work"
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I have, among other rifles, a most venerable .303 that I was given by a shooting mate. Getting ammo for that was an absolute nightmare - £20 for 20 rounds! So I took up home loading and got it down to around 20p a round

Now since sprog #3 arrived, shooting time has been terribly thin on the ground, and it's mostly .22 on the golf course for rabbits, but I have high hopes of getting back down to my mate's spread in Yorkshire to play with the bigger calibre stuff, maybe bag a deer even if I'm there at the right time

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
        Funny old day. Went to Gunshop to buy some new wellies, £100 later got my boots. Thought I would enquire about Ammunition for my rifle, it so happens they are now selling ex Serbian Sniper Ammo for my .243 for £9.00 for 20, 105 grain what a bargain as I have been paying up to £30. Well off to Kynoch underground range at Lakenheath next week to see how they perform !
        £ 9 per 20 that is cheap for .243 , the last .223 i got cost about £22 per 20 .

i remember our club getting .303 /7.62 in bulk for 1p per round , o the good old days .

john
        i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Don't mention reloading !!!!!

I've still got a shedload of reloading kit that the Government refused to pay compensation for after they banned pistols - their reasoning was that it could be used for reloading for rifle calibres ...

The fact that it's not particularly economic to spend hundreds of pounds on reloading kit unless you shout thousands of rounds was completely ignored as was the fact that the huge glut of secondhand reloading kit reduced the value to pennies

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I've still got a shedload of reloading kit that the Government refused to pay compensation for after they banned pistols - their reasoning was that it could be used for reloading for rifle calibres ...

The fact that it's not particularly economic to spend hundreds of pounds on reloading kit unless you shout thousands of rounds was completely ignored as was the fact that the huge glut of secondhand reloading kit reduced the value to pennies

shudda kept a couple of the pistols in ya loft
            Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

aahhh, good old 7.62, whens its shot, it stays shot

mick.

Comment

Originally posted by wetdog View Post
                aahhh, good old 7.62, whens its shot, it stays shot

mick.
                You are right there. My Brother has a .308/.7.62 and his Mate has a .357, No wonder they put the range underground !

Comment

Originally posted by johnd View Post
                  £ 9 per 20 that is cheap for .243 , the last .223 i got cost about £22 per 20 .

i remember our club getting .303 /7.62 in bulk for 1p per round , o the good old days .

john
                  Yes that makes the whole thing a bit more affordable. It will be interesting to see how they perform alongside Premium Rounds like Federal. I will post results as there are a few guys into there rifles on here.BTW They are called Privi Partizan OMG what a name !

Comment

Yes that makes the whole thing a bit more affordable. It will be interesting to see how they perform alongside Premium Rounds like Federal. I will post results as there are a few guys into there rifles on here.BTW They are called Privi Partizan OMG what a name !
                    the privi is not to bad i have shot a lot with my remmy in .223 and it shoots ok
                    but sniper ammo it aint . the last lot i got was pmc still only an ok round ,my home loads are better , when i can be bothered
                    john
                    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

They are inexpensive here.
                      Privi means first, and you know what a Partizan is.

I like my MP5
                      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Whilst we're on the subject and I'm bored....When I was a kid in Colchester, someone thought it would be a good idea to rob the gun shop......

Comment

I can't believe all that nice hardware was scrapped. I reccon the home office sold all the handguns to international arms dealers in order to fund the compensation.
                          I had, all in an immaculate condition, Colt Python .357 mag, S&W.38 airweight, Browning 9mm & a couple of .22 rimfires. Though the comp was not unreasonable, it went now way towards stopping me feeling bitter about having to hand everything in at the nick.
                          And of course, as all of us FAC holders know. the whole exercise did wonders for reducing armed crime......

Comment

I live in France and pistols (and anything else for that matter) are still legal with the right licenses etc.
                            I would be interested in buying what you have if you wanted to get rid of it would be going to a good home and will get used
                            I am getting a 9mm pistol soon (when the red tape is sorted) so want to start reloading

Comment

Funny old day. Went to Gun Shop to buy some new wellies, £100 later got my boots. Thought I would enquire about Ammunition for my rifle, it so happens they are now selling ex Serbian Sniper Ammo for my .243 for £9.00 for 20, 105 grain what a bargain as I have been paying up to £30. Well off to Kynoch underground range at Lakenheath next week to see how they perform !
                              will they not go bang like the more expensive ones and put a hole in the target .or am i missing something

Comment

Working...
                              X