Another rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another rescue

After being the ferryman taking people home from work the last few evenings, pulling my wife's mondeo out of a clients driveway (don't ask), we managed to help out again today.

Came across a Disco at the top of a hill with a transit milk van/float at the bottom of a 100 metres slope (the road dips) I watched him get another run and slide down by the time I had parked and got over to him and the disco driver.....he was taking supplies to the local old people's home.

The muppet in the disco was trying to pursuade him to drive back round the 3 miles to the other side of the village and come in that way. I sorted them out and we walked the supplies up to the disco which they then delivered.

I then went down to the transit hitched it up....stuck it in low 4 and tugged him back up the hill the way he had come.....mainly sideways as he fishtailed around behind me .

Wife forgot to take a pic......but here's one when we got home...warm fuzzy feeling inside.

well done that man.
    Well i was coming home today and at the bottom of the hill a police Lad rover wasstopping everyone as a car and van had got stuck part way up.Any the coppers said it was impassable but i said i can get up there ok.He then said that their pile of junk wouldn't go any further than it was.I went up reversed back in front of the van and hitched up the tow strap and away we went.In the meantime 2 new cars were going down and instead of waiting they pushed pass us and then the first one slide into the hedge as all he was doing was forcing the brakes on.about a min after that a done a 360 hitting both sides and front and rear.I p1ssed my self laughing as he only had to wait 2 mins for me to get out the way
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Well I pulled alongside a car with it's bonnet up today, asked if it was serious which the bloke said yes. Then I asked will it drive out or do you need a tow, to which the bloke repied no it''ll drive out.

It's the closest I've got to rescuing anyone, so I'm now jellous as hell of all of you, so there.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

apart from the countless cars i've pulled out of my uphill street my best recovery has to be the RAC transit van that I came across that was stuck in a hedge on an icy uphill lane, had to pull him out backwards at first as I couldn't get round him, then he said thanks he'll be ok from here, I thought no way, not on this steep slope so I just hung around and within seconds he was stuck again, so this time I didn't listen to his bravado that he was ok, hooked him up with the tow strap and in low range pulled his fully equipped transit up a steep frozen hill, the surf is great, pulled it like it wasn't there.

Comment

Not a rescue: but spent three hours delivering meals in Southend on Sea. on friday I stopped and spoke to the Chairman of Thames Gateway 4X4 response who said when can you join; so went with a landy owner, just been told he had to dig himself out! Why? we were only in side streets, but also got home with the warm glow
          www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

I rescued a Surf! (yoshies, snigger )

I rescued a Corsa and a new audi TT.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

well i was out messing around,drifting it mainly around some back roads couple of hills(not dangerous befor anyone steps in -can see round corners etc) seen a landrover comin the other way so waited at the bottom of the hill,where he stopped beside me and told me he had been up and down several times that night and if i put it in 4 wheel drive i'll be ok!he laughed when i replyed i know im just practising my drifting and vehicle control

Comment

Not a rescue, but after transporting staff on tue/wed for Truro hospital, I spent today driving community nurse round her pt's as no other transport available.
                My other cars a QUAD
                (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

I recieved a phone call from Essex ambulance services putting me and others on offical standby as the Met office have adviced them to respond to emergency calls only, this is due to really crap weather within the next two to three hours.

It could be an interesting night
                  www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Puppywalker View Post
                    I recieved a phone call from Essex ambulance services putting me and others on offical standby as the Met office have adviced them to respond to emergency calls only, this is due to really crap weather within the next two to three hours.

It could be an interesting night
                    Good on you

Comment

Originally posted by Robmatthews View Post
                      he laughed when i replyed i know im just practising my drifting and vehicle control
                      I'd have laughed at you too.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

How does this helping hospitals, delivering meals on wheels and ferrying essential folk around affect your insurance? I take it you need extra cover to do any of the afore mentioned deeds?

I'd love to help out but, in this claim ridden society, I'd have to make sure I was properly covered insurance wise.
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                          How does this helping hospitals, delivering meals on wheels and ferrying essential folk around affect your insurance? I take it you need extra cover to do any of the afore mentioned deeds?

I'd love to help out but, in this claim ridden society, I'd have to make sure I was properly covered insurance wise.
                          We are not in a "claim ridden society" just a claim scared society, most of the H&S scared people are afraid of claims that have never hapened anyway.

Why should it change anything on you insurance as long as you are not making a profit it comes under the, "social" bit of your current insurance.
                          Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post

If you join one of the many 4X4 response groups then you are covered by their 3rd party liability insurance.

Click on link below to see if there's one near you.

http://www.4x4response.info/
                            My other cars a QUAD
                            (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                            http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Or just use the liability cover you get anyway with your own insurance....
                              Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X