rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window

I seem to have developed a problem with my rear window going down on its own.
    the other morning I went out side and the window was down so I put it back up, later I noticed that it was down again and I could hear the relay clicking in the back passenger side corner so i tricked the window up with the tailgate down unplugged the switch at the back of the key lock then put it all back using the switch in the cab to put the window back up again.
    later I went to it and the window was down again so I put it back up and unplugged the motor.
    It is a K reg 2.4 2nd gen. any suggestions would be appreciated as I have done a search and havnt found anything like this problem on here and electrics are not my strongpoint

quite possible be the runners on the bottom of the tailgate glass have had it or the mechanism has had it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Mine does the same. I initially thought it was a dodgy tailgate shut sensor or the key switch on the tailgate. I disconnected both but problem came back. Relay clicking away like a mad thing.
      En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

thats it, a couple of years ago my other surf started opening the back window on its own and that was the little switch behind the lock a new one sorted it thats why i disconnected this one from there now. all the runners and mechinism is fine and greased up so I think it must be a bit of damp getting at it from somewhere.

Comment

Check the connector block underneath the relay box in the left rear quarter. Mine was damp, I think its corroded a couple of pin connections and thats whats causing the problem. I'm going to clean it with some contact cleaner and see if that fixes it.
          En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

ok chears for that

Comment

Working...
            X