Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know its not quite a Surf but????

A Happy New Year to you all.

My 1991 LN03 Surf has done me really well over the last 4 years but has now suffered the overheat syndrome as well as a number of other problems and I am looking to replace it with a newer version. So I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know of a good low mileage Surf for sale within 50 miles of Honiton in Devon.

2 I have seen a V reg (UK model) Hilux (not Surf) with a 4 door cab, 2.4 TD that has not been subject to carrying heavy loads. But do not know whether this shares the same engine as the Surf and has the same predisposition to overheating. Also is there anything else I should be looking for if I should go down this route.

Any advice and guidance would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Tony

There is a 3.0l down here in St Austell on ebay thats due to finish in a hours time.It needs a couple of bits sorting on it but i think you should be able to get it for under 1k and then do the bits just to tidy it up
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks for the pointer

Hi Stormforce

Thanks for the pointer, but I'm really looking for something a bit later and lower mileage. I don't have the facilities for anything other than fair weather maintenance (no garage) and light cosmetic work these days. I'm going to look at a P reg 3.0L in Plympton tomorrow with 60k miles on the clock.

Any thoughts on the likelyhood of overheating with the 3.0L?

Cheers

Tony

Comment

on the 3rd gens like the p reg one your looking at haven't been prone to overheating problems.I have only known of 2 3rd gens that have had it so they are reliable and better in the long run as they can be run on permenant 4wd as they have the centre diff
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks again

Hi Stormforce,

Thanks very much for the feedback, it confirms what i had thought so that is great news. Will let everyone know how we get on.

cheers

tony

Comment

We gotta 3rd gen

Hi there

As promised thought I'd let you know what happened, went to see the Surf in Plymouth and its now on the drive at home, just in time for the second lot of snow to arrive.

Unfortunately no tow bar but am hoping that the witter bar on our now defunct LN130 will fit. Anybody know whether it does?

Also couple of other little bits and pieces to do like engine service, front pads, and getting the rear wiper working.

Cheers

Tony

Comment

Working...
            X