Gatwick Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatwick Airport

I'm currently at Gatwick waiting to board a Thomson plane to Egypt for a week, with me mum. After yesterdays chaos I knew what we were in for. Been up since just after 4am to be here for just before 7.
    Funny thing is, we are delayed because the airline has run out of de-icer for the planes. BA doesn't seem to have that problem although a lot of their flights have been cancelled outright.

Currently the board says our gate opens at 230. Its been saying this every hour or so, and giving a time 30 minutes or so into the future. Eventually it goes back into Please Wait... Mode.

I could fall asleep any minute but if I do that I know I will miss the flight.

I can't complain really, I was speaking to some poeple who have been here since yesterday. They have all been driven up to Luton to fly out from there.
    Fun !
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Hope you make it....
    My Sister is flying out to Egypt this weekend... she lives in Germany and the weather is even worse there!
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      I'm currently at Gatwick waiting to board a Thomson plane to Egypt for a week, with me mum. After yesterdays chaos I knew what we were in for. Been up since just after 4am to be here for just before 7.
      Funny thing is, we are delayed because the airline has run out of de-icer for the planes. BA doesn't seem to have that problem although a lot of their flights have been cancelled outright.

Currently the board says our gate opens at 230. Its been saying this every hour or so, and giving a time 30 minutes or so into the future. Eventually it goes back into Please Wait... Mode.

I could fall asleep any minute but if I do that I know I will miss the flight.

I can't complain really, I was speaking to some poeple who have been here since yesterday. They have all been driven up to Luton to fly out from there.
      Fun !
      There in is the problem, you blo ody well can complain these bas tad airlines have us all dancing to their tune. If at all possible I drive before going anywhere near a soul sapping airport.
      Brian

Comment

Ooooo good luck an hope you get to go
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Hello all!
          Eventually boarded around 4pm and after finding lost passengers and loading luggage we took off around 6pm.
          Holiday has been good so far.
          Scuba diving today after our lessons we see a huge napolean fish and some spotted eagle rays, plus plenty of other multi coloured and other weird looking things. Tomorrow is the last PADI day, so hope to take the video camera along. Otherwise, I will be booking the adventure dive to go down to 30 metres for the following day.
          If any of you have been to Egypt you will know you only have to get in the sea up to your waist and there is plenty of sea life right at your feet.

I hear the weather is not so good back in england. I have given my surf to a friend and he has said he has had to use it to get out of the house.
          Hope my return flight DOESNT get diverted to SCOTLAND where they can actually COPE with the weather

p.s. There are a lot of nice looking russian girls here. They don't wear much swim wear. Even the blokes!
          Last edited by dieselboy; 11 January 2010, 20:43.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Glad you got there ok, the weather here is glorious shame your missing it
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Working...
            X