Weeee...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeee...

Just picked this up from the Met Office website. I haven't seen winter stuff like this since we lived in the wilds of Germany.

Bracknell Forest
    Reading
    Slough
    Surrey
    Windsor + Maidenhead
    Wokingham

Very Heavy Snowfall 2000 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6

There is a high risk of an extreme weather event affecting the area during Tuesday evening and overnight into Wednesday morning. A period of exceptionally heavy snowfall is expected with accumulations of 15-30 cm and possibly in excess of 40 cm. This is expected to cause widespread disruption to the transport network and could lead to problems with power supplies.

The public are advised to take extreme care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1653 Tue 5 Jan

that'll be England closed for the rest of the week then.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by DaveHMS View Post
      Just picked this up from the Met Office website. I haven't seen winter stuff like this since we lived in the wilds of Germany.

Bracknell Forest
      Reading
      Slough
      Surrey
      Windsor + Maidenhead
      Wokingham

Very Heavy Snowfall 2000 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6

There is a high risk of an extreme weather event affecting the area during Tuesday evening and overnight into Wednesday morning. A period of exceptionally heavy snowfall is expected with accumulations of 15-30 cm and possibly in excess of 40 cm. This is expected to cause widespread disruption to the transport network and could lead to problems with power supplies.

The public are advised to take extreme care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1653 Tue 5 Jan
      Is that their typo or yours?

Comment

8pm Tuesday to 11am Wednesday is a typo ?

Comment

New fangled 24 hour clocks eh?
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Is that their typo or yours?

Comment

Their typo,I just did a cut & paste!
              I think I'm a bit cut & paste though, just back from the local & certainly not the last to leave. My guess is that most of the residents from this part of east Berks are not gonna venture from their beds too early.
              Pathetic really, what a few inches of snow can do - there was something of a Blitz atmosphere in the pub.
              It seems unlikely that the couriers will get the remaining panels from Stormforce to me tomorrow. Oh well, what's a couple more days in getting back on the road.

Comment

I'm due to fly out of Gatwick in 24 hours....

May be I wont be having a holiday after all.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                X