free wheeling hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free wheeling hubs

a neighbour of mine has a suzuki vitara with free wheeling hubs, can you leave the hubs locked and just switch the 4x4 in and out when needed as she dose'nt want to keep getting in and out the car every 5 mins when going from main roads which are clear to side roads covered in snow and ice, i've never had free wheeling hubs so don't know much about them cheers
    when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

yes
    Brian

Comment

The only reason I switch mine off when I'm not expecting to need 4wd is because with them engaged the front drivshafts continue to turn even with 4wd turned off, resulting in quicker wear of the cv boots because the trucks lifted and runs steeper angles on the front in regard to the driveshafts.

as yoshie said. yes.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

cheers for the replies i'll go and lock them in for her, like i said on all the 4x4's i've had only 1 off them had free wheeling hubs and that was years ago on a series 3 land rover, and i just locked them when offroading so not had alot to do with them
        when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

o
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by oneintheeye View Post
            a neighbour of mine has a suzuki vitara with free wheeling hubs, can you leave the hubs locked and just switch the 4x4 in and out when needed as she dose'nt want to keep getting in and out the car every 5 mins when going from main roads which are clear to side roads covered in snow and ice, i've never had free wheeling hubs so don't know much about them cheers
            this is what it says in my suzuki

use 4 wheel drive for driving on slippery roads or offroad.
            stop the vehicle completely when shifting the lever between 4 h and 4 l.
            it is permissible to shift the lever between 2h and 4h whilst driving and steering must be in the sraight ahead position during the shifting opperation.
            [when free wheeling hubs equipped]
            never opperate vehicle in 4l or 4h mode with free wheeling hubs at FREE
            the free wheeling hubs must be set at LOCK for 4h or 4l drive

should have this on a silver back ground in glove box or visor.
            sigos85@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by 286bhp View Post
              this is what it says in my suzuki

use 4 wheel drive for driving on slippery roads or offroad.
              stop the vehicle completely when shifting the lever between 4 h and 4 l.
              it is permissible to shift the lever between 2h and 4h whilst driving and steering must be in the sraight ahead position during the shifting opperation.
              [when free wheeling hubs equipped]
              never opperate vehicle in 4l or 4h mode with free wheeling hubs at FREE
              the free wheeling hubs must be set at LOCK for 4h or 4l drive

should have this on a silver back ground in glove box or visor.
              Cause if you do you won't have 4wd........
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
              X