Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

###### ebay

hi fellas

went up to bristol for 5pm as agreed with the 2.4 seller, wated an hour couldent get through to them came home and still no joy. I think i have been mugged off. unless they had an accident in a 10 min drive?

Anyway will be popping down to st austall tomorro to look at the 3.0l and the price is fixed at 1100 which i agreed before the auction ended.

Hopefuly stormforce might be able to meet me and have a quick scoot around.

If supersurf sees this thread i would like to book in a cambelt change next week at your garage if poss, drop me a line at sykesg@hotmail.com

any advice or basic checks i can write down and do tomorrow would be great fellas.

dan (the ####ed off with ebay man.)

Comment

Aye meet at their home and go inside. Don't meet anyone no matter how close they claim to be to their home.

Your 10min drive has me worried. Anyway you had a lucky escape you nearly bought a 2.4
      Brian

Comment

Hi dan.i replied to your text but if you haven't got it yet give me a ring when your about half a hour from St Austell or a time to meet you at where ever
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Well we went to see this truck in St Austell today.I got there before Dan so started to look over it.the seller left the truck with a mate to do the biz for him today.1st bad point the rear complete bumper wanted renewing,2nd the tailgate looked as if it had been hit twice with a hammer by the glass,3rd as soon as the bonnet was lifted and the truck started water was coming out of 3 pin holes in the rad,4th the front bumper was completely pitted with rust as if someone had weld sparks hitting it,5th there was oil sprayed over the bottom of the engine and gearbox so theres a seal gone somewhere,6th the brakes weren't brilliant either,and what with the rad leaking and no water in the expansion bottle i would of wanted the head tested to be on the safe side
          The only plus side was it did drive ok

I said to the guy i wouldnt give 1100 for it and i would give a max of 500 to take it away for him so we left with out it

So if anyone sees it on ebay then don't bother going to see it as its a complete waste of time and pile of shite as far as i'm concerned

Comment

Ebay strikes again
            Lucky escape then explains why the other winner didn't want it.

Comment

Dan said he was so glad i went to see it with him as he wouldn't of had a clue and would probably of bought it so in one way he is a happy chappy

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                Dan said he was so glad i went to see it with him as he wouldn't of had a clue and would probably of bought it so in one way he is a happy chappy
                Owes you a few pints then

Comment

Originally posted by rbaz View Post
                  Owes you a few pints then
                  yes i ###### do, cheers richard and your mate(sorry i'm shit with names)

the ###### on ebay (item 320470234047) who agreed to sell it to me, never turned up and ####ed me well off, anyway i'm in 2 minds weather to bid on it up to the 1400?

or just wait a while, can get lifts down to plymouth on sunday nights and back up on fridays, just a pain in the arse.

I dont hate ebay just the ######s on it, like the seller of the 3.0l today anyone with eyes must of seen the state of the rad, and the oil leaking out of the gear box.

oh well, just like brown source, worth the wait.

but again cheers for the great guyes who saved me!

i owe you a beer!!!!

p.s. anyone selling let me know

sykesg@hotmail.com.

Comment

No worries Dan.There will be another soon enough so don't panic yet.

Comment

Once you find one down that way I will have the next good one that comes along
                      Plymouth Roscoff not running until mid Feb so no rush for me.

Comment

###### ebay

well the 2.4 seller said he was sorry, but he couldent stop the auction, even though money was no object and wouldent let me bid to a silly amount and take it for 1400.

anyway it went for 2250. bad luck or mugged off.

Comment

Originally posted by dsgrnmcm View Post
                          yes i ###### do, cheers richard and your mate(sorry i'm shit with names)

the ###### on ebay (item 320470234047) who agreed to sell it to me, never turned up and ####ed me well off, anyway i'm in 2 minds weather to bid on it up to the 1400?

or just wait a while, can get lifts down to plymouth on sunday nights and back up on fridays, just a pain in the arse.

I dont hate ebay just the ######s on it, like the seller of the 3.0l today anyone with eyes must of seen the state of the rad, and the oil leaking out of the gear box.

oh well, just like brown source, worth the wait.

but again cheers for the great guyes who saved me!

i owe you a beer!!!!

p.s. anyone selling let me know

sykesg@hotmail.com.
                          Sounds like a lucky escape. It pays to take somebody with you who knows what they're talking about.

I always think its worth taking the time to travel for the right car (if you have the time that is). There's a 2.4 with new head in the for sale section right now in North London at £1100: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59783

or this one in East Sussex sounds ok, buyer beware of course: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1418198.htm
                          En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Dan how much can you afford for the right truck.I have just emailed a guy down here about his blue 3.0l so just waiting for a reply.If you give me an idea how much you can afford then i can give the truck the once over for you and give you info on it

Comment

Working...
                            X