Winter surfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter surfing

My good old surf just chugs on & on through the recent freezing weather without so much as a flinch. She's started first time every time even after not driving her for 2 days she started no problem literally on the first crank.
    It must be the dual batteries or something? The brother's father-in-law has a 2.8 pajero & he reckons it takes little while to start in the morning.
    Couple of neighbour's cars needed resuscitation for various reasons & one in particular (a ford) hasnt been running for a few days, i think its knackered because there was a guy from AA trying to start it for an hour with no luck.

Anyway happy days.

Have you got snow there?
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
      Have you got snow there?
      Not really but its bl00dy cold. Well much colder than usual, -1 to -8 at night usually. Theres snow falling in the northern half of the country. Roads are treacherous in parts.

Comment

I'm also impressed, I had the antifreeze checked and they said it's OK to -16C. we have had -20 odd some nights, and the Surf hasn't let me down at all.
        Last year my discovery was having epileptic turns in the cold weather, Alarm going off, not running good, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
          I'm also impressed, I had the antifreeze checked and they said it's OK to -16C. we have had -20 odd some nights, and the Surf hasn't let me down at all.
          Last year my discovery was having epileptic turns in the cold weather, Alarm going off, not running good, etc.
          Wow that is cold dude. Yeah i had my anti-freeze replaced a few months ago & its a good thing i did.
          What would happen without A-F? I suppose rad would burst anyway from expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
            Wow that is cold dude. Yeah i had my anti-freeze replaced a few months ago & its a good thing i did.
            What would happen without A-F? I suppose rad would burst anyway from expansion.
            My Cherokee froze up last year, after a couple of miles it overheated, When I looked in the rad it was just ice. So I put it in the garage to warm up slowly, and it was alright.

Comment

I popped up to the highest carpark in Scotland for a wee look around.

My surf loved it. 50mph winds, nice and cosy in the truck mind you.

Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                I popped up to the highest carpark in Scotland
                Where in Scotland is that?

Comment

Cairngorm.

I said the highest but..........maybe not.

Highest I've been to.
                  Alan

Comment

Whaursataboot?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

again it's Cairngorm........
                      Alan

Comment

I popped up to the highest carpark in Scotland for a wee look around.

My surf loved it. 50mph winds, nice and cosy in the truck mind you.

Looks bl00dy ffffffreezing. Your heater must have been working over-time.

Comment

maybe -8 but windchill brought it down a bit.
                          Alan

Comment

again it's Cairngorm........
                            Aye, I see that now. Shirley was yapping when I was replying...
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                              Aye, I see that now. Shirley was yapping when I was replying...

Comment

Working...
                              X