bllomin 'ell does it slide around!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bllomin 'ell does it slide around!!!

Greetings one and all. The weather of late has highlighted the shortcomings of the tyres on my surf. I believe that they are the original tyres- plenty of tread on them for the MOT, but sadly pretty useless (at least i hope it is the tyres that is the problem!) I want something that can go off road, but i also have to go up and down the M25 everyday, so they can't be too offroady!! What should i get?

Also, after watching that Top Gear episode with the 4X4's i am keen to take my surf for some offroading.. but where?!? I'm Dorking, Surrey, hoping there is somewhere local to go? I heard that there is a name for this offraoding that is unorganised? Certain tracks that we can go down?

If so, anyone out there fancy writing a short bit about it for my website?

WWW.FLUFFYNAVEL.COM

Many thanks in advance!!

If you want to go off road and have a bit of cash, BFG ATs are the way to go.

Comment

yes it will be your tyres,jap 4x4 tyres are notorious for not being so good
      as sancho says bfg at's but they are expensive,slightly cheaper which are also good general grabber at's

Comment

Originally posted by bullitbutler View Post
        I'm Dorking, Surrey, hoping there is somewhere local to go? I heard that there is a name for this offraoding that is unorganised? Certain tracks that we can go down?

If so, anyone out there fancy writing a short bit about it for my website?

WWW.FLUFFYNAVEL.COM

Many thanks in advance!!
        Are you being serious or just advertising your site?
        Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Just fitted General Grabbers to my Surf. They're top class. I've listed a couple of threads I posted about them below.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59922

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60045
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

yes, smego, i am serious about the off road driving in Surrey.... Can you help?

Comment

Just need to keep an eye in the off road section or here for any outings coming up.There are a few that go out up your way and then there are the plains outings aswell that are done quite often
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I have All-Terrains on my Surf and I never have any trouble when I go out around dorking. I almost rolled my 2.4 over backwards (well it felt like it, not sure how it looked from outside!)

I was around the dorking area the other day. I'm still trying to post a video I took. I need to get my breaks sorted. New drums / shoes / and fluid, so if you are up for it, around mid to end of January I should be good to go again. I spent a good hour the other day looking up the lanes on Surrey County Council's website, and comparing it to google maps for the road names, then planning routes whilst having Sat-Nav to guide me there

My 3.0 can sit happily at 100 - 110 with All Terrains and it's smooth. (After I've overtaken what I needed I obviously go back to 70mph), plus we used them to climb Mont Blanc back in 2007. With mud tyres apparently you get bit more road noise and a bit of vibration. I cant tell you though as I've only had the ATs and the Jap import tyre.

The Jap tyres are absolutely CRAP. No grip what so ever.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I am currently using MT's which i got for what i thought was a great price. There is some road noise but at 70 its still nice and quiet. the only time you actually hear them is aound town when you are crusing at about 40-50 MPH.
                  Personally because of the expense and the fact that I enjoyed a play in the mud i plucked for the MT's.
                  Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Have got these fitted

http://www.maxxis.co.uk/catalog/tyre...-Tyres,56.aspx

Have no complaints at all. Good on all surfaces I've tried them on so far (apart from sheet ice).

Seem to be wearing well so far as well.

Quite a few people round Plymouth have them fitted (by SUPERSURF) and so far all feedback is good.
                    My other cars a QUAD
                    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

I use Runway Enduro A/Ts. They seem to be quite good.

Remember you're throwing a 2 Tonne pendulum around. I can get mine to slide in the dry, nevermind the snow.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I too can get my 3.0 on MT's to step out in the dry, these trucks have grunt!
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          I can get mine to slide in the dry,
                          Controlled? or uncontrolled?
                          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I can get mine to slide in the dry, nevermind the snow.
                            Didn't know you were an avid member of the drifting community.
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Although totally pointless and with little talent required to do it, 'drifting' on a track is a totally different thing to skidding, sliding, slipping on the road. When these drifting idiots eventually crash, they only hurt themselves. Doing any such activities on public roads can have much more serious implications.
                              really?
                              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                              X