No announcement yet.

How many gears??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does any 1 know of a way that i can check if the torque converter is working correctly any info would be great thanks........
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf
      Havent you seen the film??????
      86mph i believe is correct but no-one has tried it as we are all too scared of what will happen to our beloved surfs when we pass through the time warp, what if it turned into a model T????????? No thank you, i'll keep it just the way it is!!!!!
      Nah it dont become a model T
      It becomes a 1st GEN
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

not that im fick or anything but thanks from me too......
        i thought i had 5 gears too...

Comment

Slim
          I have only ever checked a torque converter on a big old yank tank and the way to do it was to hold the brakes on hard and floor the throttle, the torque converter should not allow the revs to rise above a set amount (dont know what it would be on a surf) e.g. 3000 rpm when brakes locked on.
          I dont know if this is good practice on a surf as yank tank gearboxes are totally bomb proof, this practice does generate a lot of heat in the box, imagine 300 BHP with nowhere to go!!!!!!! dont know if the surf box will take the heat generated although you only do it for a couple of seconds.
          To see if the lock up bit is working get on a straight bit of road and go about 3/4 throttle from standstill and you should feel changes from first to 2nd 3rd overdrive and then a gentle drop in revs at about 65 ish as the converter "locks"
          your best bet is to get together with another surfer near to you and compare how they change gear and what revs you pull relative to speed and throttle.
          If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
          I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X