Stoopid Question!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoopid Question!!!!

which way do i turn the bolt to stiffen torsion bars... is it lefty loosey, as in softer, and righty tighty as in harder, just want to raise it a small bit see if it removes the feeling of driving a boat, as ARB is still on the front.....

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
    which way do i turn the bolt to stiffen torsion bars... is it lefty loosey, as in softer, and righty tighty as in harder, just want to raise it a small bit see if it removes the feeling of driving a boat, as ARB is still on the front.....
    Clockwise should lift them, But don't forget to have the front wheels off the ground.
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
      lefty loosey and righty tighty
      A dangerous and incorrect Aide Memoir.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

You can't stiffen the torsion bars. No mater what position they are in the spring rate remains the same. You will get problems if they are wound too far one way or the other though if the control arms are sitting on bump stops and restricting travel up or down.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          You can't stiffen the torsion bars. No mater what position they are in the spring rate remains the same. You will get problems if they are wound too far one way or the other though if the control arms are sitting on bump stops and restricting travel up or down.

Nev
          If it feels like a boat, would that not be shocks?
          Before adjusting anything I would measure the distances to see if it has sagged.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            Before adjusting anything I would measure the distances to see if it has sagged.
            The dampers won't cause it to sag, it's the torsion bars that control the ride hight.

Comment

"tightened (clockwise)" each bolt 3 turns and feels alot firmer..... happy out now.... just time to get washed and cleaned, have to take missus shopping,

have new tint film for rear window and 4 rear side windows, any hints, is it worth having a solvent on hand when fitting??? and how do i remove the shitty film on already.....

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                The dampers won't cause it to sag, it's the torsion bars that control the ride hight.
                Says it feels like a boat. Feeling usually means shocks.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Says it feels like a boat. Feeling usually means shocks.
                  Yes, but the dampers (what are commonly called shock absorbers) will not cause, or remedy, sagging as you suggested earlier.

Comment

My truck sags just on the drivers side, could it be because I ate too much xmas food?
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        My truck sags just on the drivers side, could it be because I ate too much xmas food?
                        No, my blue one is doing that just now and you're not in it.

Comment

Yes, but the dampers (what are commonly called shock absorbers) will not cause, or remedy, sagging as you suggested earlier.
                          I don't think he suggested that at all. He suggested checking torsion bars for sag which would cause problems such as what I posted earlier.

The OP has now adjusted the torsion bars and says it seems firmer. They can't be firmer. Maybe the torsion bars had sagged and now they actually allow clearance between bump stops and control arms.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                            I don't think he suggested that at all. He suggested checking torsion bars for sag which would cause problems such as what I posted earlier.
                            I assumed that to mean he was suggesting the dampers (shocks) had sagged, as he doesn't mention torsion bars at all.

Apologies.

Comment

I assumed that to mean he was suggesting the dampers (shocks) had sagged, as he doesn't mention torsion bars at all.

Apologies.
                              Yeah, torsion bars were not mentioned and thinking about it, he probably meant measuring sag at the wheel arches or something.

I think the OP should look at the gap between control arms and bump stops both top and bottom just to be sure there is enough clearance.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                              X